Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, March 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I need to start



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish

This week's topic is a good one for me. Why... cause it's a long list...

Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet

1) The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- So many people have read this series. It's like a cult favourite. But I haven't even read the first sentence of the first book. I know, it's shameful. I have read the first book in the spin off series though. So that has to count for something. Right?



2) The Delirium series by Lauren Oliver- I am not sure why I haven't read this one yet. Not a clue. Maybe because I have read so many mixed reviews? Maybe... who knows. But with the last one coming out soon, and the tv show in production, I best get on it.

3) The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty- I have wanted to read this series for eons now. But I have never gotten around to it. I think they look cute, and funny. It's gonna be my summer goal I think. I hope.



4) The Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray- I have nothing but good things about these books and I want to read them. I believe I borrowed the first one from the library once and had to return it before I actually had time to read it. But I will. I promise.

5) The Paranormalcy by Kiersten White- I own this book. I have owned it for years, and still it sits unread. I know I would love it. I just need to get around to reading it.


6) The Forest of Hands and Teeth series by Carrie Ryan- I haven't actually read a single zombie novel and I really want to dig into this series. Even though a number of people have not enjoyed it, I think that I would. So here's to hoping.

7) The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta- As I hang my head in shame when I admit that I haven't actually started this series. I own the first novel- Finnikin of the Rock. It's on my shelf of to read asap. But I haven't yet. But I will before the year is through. Promises, promises.



8) The Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness- I have heard nothing but good things about this series and I think I would really enjoy it. I don't know when I will get around to it, but someday.

9) The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner- Another book I borrowed from the library, but didn't read before it needed to be returned. I really want to read this one though. So hopefully soon.



10) The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan- As I hang my head in shame (again) in my admission that this book has not been read by me. My housemates are always getting on my case to read it. I need to find the time to read this series.







Well there are ten series that I have yet to begin (on top of all the others that I have begun and not finished) I have a never ending TBR. Whew.

Better get started

~Happy Reading Everyone.

12 comments:

  1. Dude. Number 3. Now. I love those books so much. For number 6 I say skip them and just read This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to Chaos Walking! So, so good. :)

    Same thing with Lumatere Chronicles - writing is beautiful.

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Delirium and Paranormalcy was soooo much fun to read! Looking forward to getting to Percy Jackson and The Maze Runner soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaos walking is on my list too! I fell in love with the VA books I hope you will too they are as good as everyone says (book one you just have to get through though)

    Marissa @ Rae Gun Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YEAH, The forest of hands and teeth is really, really good! :)

    Top 10 Tuesday - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Gemma Doyle series, you should definitely read those books! We have a couple of things in common, like the Vampire Academy. I don't know how I missed this one. Great list!

    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Gemma Doyle trilogy is an absolute must. One of my all-time favorite series. :)
    Good luck getting some of these knocked out! My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome list! I HIGHLY recommend VA and Bloodlines!! And Jessica Darling is hilarious!! I think I need to add the Gemma Doyle series to my list!

    Here is my TTT

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have to read the Lumatere Chronicles! Honestly! It's so good! The first book is probably the weakest but oddly haunting.

    Also, I meant to read the Jessica Darling series too, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Forest of Hands and Teeth didn't make my list but is also another series I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the Percy Jackson books either. I meant to put them on my list, thanks for the reminder ! It's funny I've always seen the books around, but never thought anything of them until I saw all the YA bloggers who loved them !

    Also, Delirium is excellent in audiobook !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read Vampire Academy too. I liked the Gemma Doyle trilogy as well, but really I liked the first one the best. I read Forest of Hands and Teeth, but didn't read the other two b/c everyone said they weren't as good. Maybe I'll get to them one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl