Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, March 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: My Spring TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish.

This week's topic is pretty exciting for me... so

Top Ten Books At The TOP Of My Spring 2013 TBR list!

Some people have been talking exclusively about spring releases and while I have included some that I am pretty excited about, it was not my sole focus. Spring also means that I am done school for summer and I have plenty of time to read, so I have added books that I haven't had time to read, but I've been dying to.

Hope you enjoy.

1) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- I am bound and determined to get this book read sooner rather then later. I have been a little obsessed with the story (which I actually have never read), I will be reading it soon.

2) Lover at Last by JR Ward- This hits stores March 26th (and yes, I have already pre-ordered it). I don't want to talk to much about this. But you best believe that this is on the top of my spring TBR- I'll drop everything to read this.



3) Boundless by Cynthia Hand- I am DYING to read this book. I absolutely need to know what happens to Clara and Tucker and Christian and everyone involved. It drives me crazy that I haven't read this yet.

4) Dare You To by Katie McGuire- This comes out in early June and I am pretty excited to read it. I really enjoyed Pushing the Limits and I love the way McGuire writes her characters. I'll be happy to experience that again.

5) Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson- Happy Book Birthday, This novel hits shelves today and, however I won't be reading it until later this spring. I am very curious about the story and I don't know the Bluebeard fairy tale at all so...

6) Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins- Sooooo... I still haven't read this one yet. Please don't shoot. This has been sitting on my shelf for a good long time and I really need to get to reading it. SO one day, I will sit down and do nothing all day but read. It will be magical.

7) Asunder by Jodi Meadows- Another book that I have on my shelf that I am sad I haven't read yet. I loved Incarnate so much and the fact that I haven't read the sequel is killing meeeee.

8) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling- I have made it my goal to reread the entire Harry Potter Series while I am not in school (so from May-September). There may be one or two of those books that I have only read once (the 5th and 7th one I think, maybe the 4th as well). I know. Shame on me.

9) Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor- There are a lot of sequels that I need/want to get to. And this is one of them. I am hopeful that it will happen. I am particularly excited about this one. I have heard nothing but good things about it.


10) An Abundance of Katherines by John Green- This is only the only novel by JG that I have not read. I think it order to call myself a true fan I need to get on it. I have also heard this one is pretty funny and I like funny.








So that is my list for this week, feel free to comment and let me know what you plan on reading this spring.

~Happy Reading Everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I love Pride & Prejudice. I hope you will as well. It is one of my all-time favorite romances. I'm currently reading "Strands of Bronze and Gold...so far so good. You can check out my list here on The Life & Times blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Pride and Prejudice! Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished Boundless. LOVED IT.

    My TTT -- Carissa Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strands of Bronze and Gold looks so great. The Bluebeard fairy tale is one I remember from childhood, creepy and captivating. Which means I'll either love a story playing in this world or I'll hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Harry Potter. I hope you enjoy it, too! :) Great picks!

    Here’s my Top Ten btw! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great books~I'm looking forward to Lola and the boy next door, Boundless, Strands of Bronze and Gold, and last but not least Asunder.

    My Top Ten.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm not the only one to have Harry Potter on my list! I am planning to read 1 book a month to get through the series by Christmas!

    I haven't read Lola either--- that was close to making my list.

    Loved the Unearthly Series. Boundless is pretty good-- are you Team Christian or Tucker?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved "An Abundance of Katherines". I hope you enjoy your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, call myself a John Green fan without having read all his books... Though I'm a bit farther behind than you are: I've only read Looking for Alaska and TFioS... oops!

    And I need to read Boundless too! I can't wait to find out what happens.

    Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to hurry up and read Boundless as well! I loved Unearthly, but I was a bit let down by Hallowed. I've heard mixed things about Boundless, but I feel like I HAVE to see what happens to the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you get to all of them soon!
    And that you like P & P, :)
    And I'm excited about Lover at Last too, I haven't liked the more recent brotherhood books, but it sounds like it could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Boundless. It was a great ending to an amazing series. I also totally recommend you start with Lola. It is absolutely wonderful!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie @ Tar Heel Bibliobabe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stands of Bronze and Gold looks awesome! I need to add that one to my TBR pile for sure! And good for you adding a classic! I should read more classics myself! Thanks for stopping by my TTT yesterday! ~ Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo need to read Pride and Prejudice, as well. It's kind of ridiculous that I haven't yet. But it wasn't until I became obsessed with the Lizzie Bennett Diaries on YouTube that I've felt the need especially badly. We'll see if I can get to this one sometime soon. It would also be nice to reread HP again, of course. I've been actually thinking of listening to them on audiobook, which I have never done before. Days of Blood and Starlight is incredible. The end.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl