Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, March 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Sitting Unread On My Shelf


Again, the girls at  The Broke and Bookish have come up with a pretty fantastic topic for this week's Top Ten Tuesday. I hope everyone is ready for this one. 


Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread



1) Lolita by Vlad Nabokov- I bought this back in 2011 and I haven't read it yet. I plan to though. One of my 2013 reading resolutions was to read a Russian classic. So this has to get done.

2) The Power of Six by Patticus Lore- I saw this at Costco for a stellar price and I just needed to own it. While I enjoyed I Am Number Four I don't think I will be reading the sequel any time soon.




3) Jane by April Lindner- I got this one for an incredibly good price and thought I would eventually get to it. But then I got it into my head that I need to read Jane Eyre first. Sigh.

4) The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa- I bought this book at the end of my first year of university two years ago. I have read both The Iron King and the Iron Daughter but for some reason the Iron Queen is sitting there unread



5) A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness- Bought this one on a whim after seeing so many great reviews. Haven't read it yet. It's been there for at least a year.

6) A Million Suns by Beth Revis- Whyyyyyyy?!?!?! I don't know. But again, I promise to get this one done




7) Envy by JR Ward- I haven't been completely in love with this series- but I buy the books and let them sit. Not only is Envy the third in the Fallen Angel series and sitting there unread I just ordered the paperback to Rapture the fourth in the series and probably won't read it until next year sometime.

8) Selfish is the Heart and Virtue & Vice by Megan Hart- I am counting these both as one. They are both from the same series and I have owned them for years, but haven't read either of them yet. I think I need to be in a particular mood for historical smut.

9) Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins- While I enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss I didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of the world. I do plan on reading it this spring sometime (like every other unread book on my shelf).

10) Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult- I have read a number of novels by Jodi Picoult and I have always enjoyed them they are pretty intense and take over my life, I need to have a couple of uninterrupted days before before I can start reading her books, I haven't found that I have had that yet. Someday.




Well, there are ten eleven books sitting unread on my shelf, but absolutely needed to buy.

~Happy Reading everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Discovery of Witches!! What are you waiting for? Read it so we can chat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Lolita a few weeks ago, not too fond of it. The Power of Six is amazing! Definitely better than the first book, you should read it!

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you MUST absolutely read A Million Suns soon! It was probably my least favourite of the three, but still so exciting and twisty. Don't you want to know how the series ends? I also need to read A Discovery of Witches, though I don't own it. Lola would be a good springtime read, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fantastic books in your list, I do hope you get the chance to read them :D

    My Top Ten

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't enjoy a Discovery of Witches really. I know everyone else did so I always feel crazy saying that! Here is mine:

    Top Ten Tuesday

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lola and the boy next door is quite similar to Anna and the French kiss, so I don't know if you're going to love it :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes Sara, I still have a couple of the Fallen Angels series by JR Ward on my shelf too. It's hard to write another series with the bar the BDB has set is so high, and I'm just not as in love with these characters as I am with the Brothers. I hope to eventually get back to them though, but Qhuay is definitely more of a priority!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Power of Six is amazing! It's better than the first book! I would like to read Discovery of Witches but I find it quite intimidating.

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Million Suns is amazing, hope you get to it soon. I hope to get to A Discovery of Witches soon.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read, and really enjoyed, Jane. It was an interesting retelling of Jane Eyre. Certainly not perfect, but really, what is?

    Lola ia good! I love Anna more, but Lola has Cricket. And he's just freaking awesome :) He's very different from St. Clair but I loved him just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these, so I can't make any recs, but your list reminds me I should have put Anna and The French kiss on my list. (I am so behind.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can totes read Jane without reading Jane Eyre first! and it's a pretty fun read, btw.

    I'm with you on Anna, I liked it . I actually liked it enough for a re-read but I wasn't gaga over it. I hope you like Lola when you get to it.

    Also! Are you reading Lover At Last?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have had Anna and the french kiss on my kindle for a while, everyone loves it and I think part of the reason that I haven't read it yet is because I am afraid I won't enjoy it as much as everyone else does so I haven't picked it up yet.

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl