Home       About Me       Review Index

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I recommend a lot



This week's topic is every bloggers dream I think- for the most part, it's why we started blogging in the first place. Be warned though, you will most definitely be seeing a lot of books from previous lists.

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish


Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

1) Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta- I love this book and I have told SO many people to read it. I find that I am still shocked when I hear that someone (you know who you are) hasn't read it yet. It really is a fantastic novel.


2) Dreamland by Sarah Dessen- Since becoming a blogger I have read a number of novel about abusive teenage relationships. Dessen's Dreamland was my first and honestly in my opinion it was the best of the bunch. I recommend this one to readers who are looking for an "issues" novel that is really well done.


3) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan- Specifically the audio book- This novel had me in hysterics. It is SO funny!!! I really started to love John Green after reading this book.

4) Unearthly by Cynthia Hand- I recommend this one to those who have a bad taste in their mouth about angel books. Unearthly  is one of the only angel novels that I like and I really liked this one. I also think it's one of the best YA romances out there.

5) The Taker by Alma Katsu- Just because I loved it so much and I don't think enough people have read it.

6) The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han- Because it holds a special place in my heart. It's such a sweet summer read.

7) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- Because it's amazing! What else can I say?

8) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky- This was a surprise like for me. And I really liked it. Therefore everyone should read it.


9) If I Stay by Gayle Forman- I absolutely loved this book and I tell everyone and anyone that they need to read it. But, it will make you cry.

10) Harry Potter by JK Rowling- I mean really... how can you call yourself a reader and not have read Harry Potter.

that is everything, I know this is late, but better late then never. It's been a busy couple weeks.

~Happy Reading Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet list! Every time I see Jellico Road on a list, I feel like an inadequate blogger for not having read it yet. AND OMG DREAMLAND. I lurve Sarah Dessen. It's weird that I didn't include any of her books on my list because I am a hardcore fangirl. I suppose because when it comes to her I'm just like READ ALL DA BOOKZ!!!

    The Summer I Turned Pretty is another series I adore beyond words. Another one I can't believe I didn't include.

    My Top Ten! :)
    ~Gabbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Jellicoe Road - especially the audio version! And anything by John Green deserves to be on every list. :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen you gush about Jellicoe Road before, so it's on my TBR lists. I have to have say that I'm excited to hear the audio version is good. I think I'll try that, since I have a few extra credits on Audible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list, I really want to make time to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like you are my go to person for when I am looking for contemporary books to read. Because I don't know what the heck I am doing with those or what's good to read. So you're like my contemp gauge for what I should read because I know you know good contemporary.

    It's funny actually, hearing you say that you are surprised when people say they haven't read Jellicoe Road yet, because it seems that that one was on a lot of people's list for last week's TTT (Unread books on shelf). Seems like people are buying it because they hear it's good, but are maybe daunted by... the hype? The content? I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl