Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Stefanie's April Wrap Up



Hello everyone,

I can't believe it's already May. I honestly have no idea where the time has gone (OK that's a lie; I've been helping with my school's musical as a stage manager and since January it's been nothing but rehearsals. It's been super fun and I can't wait to see what it all looks like when we open- in 6 days! May 10th. The school is performing Annie and I don't think I've been able to get Hard Knock Life out of my head since December. Anyone who loves musicals should come and see it!!! I'm not biased or anything but it's going to be a really good show ;) ) but I'm not complaining. I can't wait for the weather to be nice all the time and I just love when it rains in the spring.



April was another solid month for reading for me; I even managed to get in a couple non-fiction books that weren't cookbooks (I read and own a ton of cookbooks, it's kind of an obsession). I've always been interested in flowers and I read this awesome one called Florest Farms; all about her flower garden and company. I grabbed it from the library since I've followed her blog for about a year and I know it'll be a book I want for my own collection.


Here's what I read this month: 


Love Life Style by Garance Doré



Love Unexpected by Jody Hedlund



For Love and Honor by Jody Hedlund



When Joss Met Matt by Ellie Cahill



How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake



How to be a Wildflower by Katie Daisy



Whenever I’m with YouW by Lydia Sharp



Dear Emma by Katie Heaney



The Matchmakers of Minnow Bay by Kelly Harms



You Have 4 Minutes to Change Your Life by Rebekah Borucki



Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden by Erin Benzakein



The Real Me: Fashion, Fitness and Food Tips for Real Women - From Me to You by Vicky Pattinson



Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly



Total: 13


My Favorite Reads of the Month:

     

It's a tie; I couldn't pick between these two. Kelly Harms has become one of my favorite authors and I've loved the trilogy that Jody Hedlund has created with the For Love & Honor books (all taking place in the 1300s). Also honorable mention to How to Be a Wildflower; I follow Katie Daisy on Instagram and her work is amazing; this book is no exception. Not only did I want to go out and explore the world after reading this, but I was so motivated to get out of my comfort zone, which is what I think Katie Daisy wants you to do. 

Other than the musical, I haven't really done much else, other than attempt to keep a plant alive in my apartment. I'm trying really hard to do so before I start o get into my balcony gardening I have planned for the summer.
I hope everyone had a great April and for one last plug (I apologize) if anyone loves musical, go see Annie! It runs from May 10-12th. 

I'll be back next week for my next review.

Until then,

Stefanie











1 comment:

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl