Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, February 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday- Books That Made Me Cry



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish

This Week's Topic. I am pretty easy to cry when it comes to books. But the following are ones that really hit me where it hurts. I believe 80% of the books featured this week I have talked about a lot... so maybe I like reading books that make me cry. I hope you enjoy! 


Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry





1) Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma- This book killed me. There is one particular scene that broke my heart and I tear up thinking about it now.

2) If I Stay by Gayle Forman- This whole books is sad. How can it not be. How do you chose whether to live or die. I remember listening to the audiobook at work, and having to blink a bunch of times to clear my eyes, and then take a bathroom break to get myself together. 

3) The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- If you follow me on Twitter- and have been since the beginning of January, you will have seen me fall apart over this book. Just read it. It's a beautiful story. 

4) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- Uhhh... A book about two kids who are battling cancer falling in love. 

5) Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta- This book is full of misunderstandings and missed chances. It's cause for a lot of really sad realizations. Heartbreaking. 

6) Change of Heart by Jodie Picoult-  I have a hard time with injustices and when people make sacrifices due to certain these injustices. Change of Heart is full of this. And well- I cried. 

7) Dreamland by Sarah Dessen- This story is sad in general. But there is a pretty intense moment between the protagonist and her mother that has me bawling every time. 

8) Precious and Fragile Things by Megan Hart- My heart hurts when kids are hurt and then they turn into adult who are so incredibly broken. This is what Precious and Fragile Things is all about. The whole time all I could keep saying "that poor boy. that poor poor boy."

9) Lullabies for Little Criminal by Heather O'Neill- Again, this story is about a little girl who makes some disastrous decisions at such a young age. Again, there is a moment between her and her father that had me inconsolable. It's a very powerful story. 

10) My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi- Another sad story. But what got to me about this one was once again, the relationship between the girl and her dad. 

~Happy Reading Everyone! 

10 comments:

  1. I really need to read Jellicoe Road. I keep seeing it around blogs and I'm so intrigued! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, The Book Thief and The Fault in our Stars are great sad books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Her books in, The Lumatere Chronicles, are by far, MY FAVORITE!!!!
    great list xoxo
    check out my TTT~~ http://bookhangoversbb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I'm seeing FioS and Book Thief everywhere! Which I totally agree with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TFIOS for the win! I love that book even though it made me cry loads of tears
    - My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks. So happy to see Forbidden on another list, I absolutely love that book but the end KILLED me! If I Stay made my list as well, and Jodi Picoult always seems to make me cry. My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I Stay and The Fault in Our Stars made my list too! I was just telling another blogger that I've heard great things about Forbidden even if the subject matter makes me queasy. And The Book Thief is on my TBR list! Great choices!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit that I haven't read the books in your list because well I tend to avoid sad books. But I have my eyes on no. 8, I just like reading about kids that get hurt, not that I like to see them getting heartbroken and whatnot, I don't know I just like stories like that. Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you're braver than me because I still have to read most of these tearjerkers. Or maybe you really do enjoy reading books that make you cry! And admittedly I do too from time to time... there's something very meaningful and memorable about a book that can just destroy you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl