Home       About Me       Review Index

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things


I don't have many favourites for you this month. I think I may start doing these every other month. Maybe interchange them with monthly wrap ups. We shall see. But here we go. 


TV

Call the Midwife

I am pretty obsessed with British Television. It's kind of insane. Anywho.. I had already seen one season of Call the Midwife when it showed up on Netflix. and I gobbled it up. I love that this one is a period drama and there are babies. Season three premiered in January and I have been keeping up with the show since that time. This really is as fantastic show.














Nashville

There is a story behind this... I watched the first season of Nashville at the end of last year. Like what is usual for me, I marathoned it and watched the season in about three days. I really did like the show, but chose not to watch it regularly once it returned to tv. But my sister was staying with me for a few days and found the show on Netflix she started watching it. All of a sudden I was hooked again, and I have since caught up on season two and can't wait to keep watching. I am totally waiting for Scarlet and Gunner to get back together.











Music

City and Colour - The Hurry and the Harm

I have been a fan of City and Colour (Dallas Green) for a looooong time. I own all four of this albums and I love every one. I have been fortunate enough to see him three times live (it's amazing, if you ever get the opportunity to see his shows, you must go) He's on Tour now, and in Winnipeg on May 17th and I am dying to go, I just need to find someone who wants to go with me. I think he's a brilliant musician.





Anywho, this past month I found that I was playing The Hurry and the Harm exclusively. I was basically obsessed with this album this month. My favourite songs have been Two Coins, Ladies and Gentlemen, and the recent single, The Lonely Life (video featured below).




Beauty 

Body Butters from the Body Shop 

So, it has been brutally cold this winter- and pretty dry. SO my skin suffers, and it has been particularly bad this winter. I generally moisturise every time I get out of the shower, but my regular body lotion just wasn't cutting it. I needed something better. And voila-  Body Butter. I am telling you, if you are suffering from dry skin, The Body Shop body butters are a miracle. They have different textures depending on the the level of hydration your skin needs. 


My two favourites have been the Shea Body Butter- which is for very dry skin, and has a thicker more greasy consistency (and has a beautiful fragrance), and Olive Body Butter- which is for dry skin. It still has a thicker consistency, but not as thick, and is not as greasy as the shea (this is by far, my favourite scent of the two).  


FYI- The Body Shop is having a pretty epic sale right now on all their body butters (they're half off). So instead of $20.00 for a container, it's only $10.00. 



Book 

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder 

I just finished this book and I really, really liked it. It was my book club book for the month, and we all seemed to enjoy reading it. It sort of reminded me of Shadow and Bone a bit (although this one came first). I think I'll keep going with the series, but you know me. I always seem to start a series- never finish them. 















Those are my favourites for the month. I hope you enjoy. 

~Happy Reading Everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. I read Touch of Power, the first book in Maria V. Snyder's Healer series. Really liked it, but I haven't picked up the second copy so far...We both need to finish more series;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. City and Colour is amaze balls. :) I don't have Netflix, sadly and I'm not much of a telly watcher. But love, love, Brit comedy.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I not heard of Call the Midwife?? Because I LOVE British TV and period dramas.And I need something to fill the void until Downton Abbey comes back.

    I'm jealous you got to read Poison Study because it seems like that is one that I have been meaning and trying to read forever. I should probably make it my priority sometime soon because I'm thinking I will really like it, as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl