Home       About Me       Review Index

Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (3) Follow My Blog Friday (2)

Book Blogger Hop


Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

This weeks question is...


"What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you?"

This is a hard question; one I am not sure I have an answer for right now. I am currently reading a book By Dr Izzeldin Abuelaish called I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Doctor's Journey.

"What can you do? You can do a lot. You can support justice for all by speaking out loudly to your family, friends, community, politicians and religious leaders. You can support foundations that do good work. You can volunteer for humanitarian organizations. You can vote regressive politicians out of office. You can do many things to move the world toward greater harmony…

"I know that what I have lost, what was taken from me, will never come back. But as a physician and a Muslim of deep faith, I need to move forward to the light, motivated by the spirits of those I lost. I need to bring them justice… I will keep moving but I need you to join me in this long journey."

I am reading it for school but it is really changing how I see my life and what I take for granted. So right this moment this is really changing me.




Follow my Blog Friday is a weekly meme hosted at Parajunkee's View it's a pretty cool little meme. So go check it out.
This week's question...



What book(s) have you discovered lately from someone's book blog?

What books haven't I discovered? I've always been a reader but I mostly read romance and adult fiction (when I say adult I mean novels not classified as young adult). But when I started following other's blogs I found a love for Young Adult fiction. It's now what I find myself reading the most of.

Happy Reading Everyone!

17 comments:

  1. It's great to find a book that can help us take a look at the way we see the world. I find myself often grateful for things I take for granted because of a thought provoking book! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! I'm a new follower!
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping by to say hi and wish you a wonderful weekend! What a fabulous looking blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love YA fiction as well. I love that I get more and more ideas for books to read because of the blogs I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you're reading Intrinsical! I loved that book! I can't wait to read your thoughts!

    Miss Remmers Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. My answer (from FF)-- My current read: Amber Frost, I found at Bitten by Books
    I am hopping by from Follow Friday. I’m following you and would love it if you follow me back! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Thanks for stopping (hopping) by my blog!!! The book that you're reading for school sounds like quite an interesting book! I may have to look further into this!!! I'm excited to follow your blog and read more posts!

    Stephany @ stephanysbookreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will probably come of something as a surprise but the book that changed/influenced my life (more than any other) is a non-fiction book. I know we all focus on novels and the fanciful fiction we love to read but The Four Work Week is the book that gets all the credit. I know the title sounds fictional but it really isn’t. Hop over to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Day!


    Howard A. Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sara! Stopping by via FF! I have to agree with you, it's hard not to pick up new titles every time you hit a new blog. Everyone is always reading something different!


    I'm a new follower now! Please take some time and stop by my blog. Follow me back if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the nice words. :)

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice blog there!
    latest read was Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and didn't like it much. :(
    btw, im a new follower from the friday follow

    iamjenai
    http://www.bookinglyyours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I'm the same as you - what books haven't I discovered from blogs! Most of my reads, in fact.
    Happy weekend!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diana Gabaldon's "OUTLANDER" did it for me. I cannot stop reading since I read her books last October. She is the reason why I started blogging about books. Have a super weekend. I am your newest follower. Come and visit me at www.mandysescape.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy HOP! The book I shared had a major impact on me last year and totally changed my life for the better. Come by and visit to see which one it was. I'm a new follower :)

    The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for following! Returned the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice blog. I discovered Unearthly, it was a great read.

    I've also left something for you at my blog http://justifiedlunacy.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sara!

    Just wanted to let you know that I'm awarding you with the Stylish Blogger Award. Congratulations!

    Please visit my blog for more information:
    http://thatswhatlizread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl