Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, December 13, 2010

My Thoughts: Fallen by Lauren Kate

So it took me about a week to read Lauren Kate's Fallen, which for me is a long time. Especially long considering I had nothing pressing to do (like papers to write or exams to study for). I was really excited about this book, but I'm not sure that I am as excited now that I have finished reading it.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce-and goes out of his way to make that very clear-she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


The blurb on the back of the book really piqued my attention and had me buying the book, well that and the cover; it's a gorgeous cover. I really enjoyed the beginning of the book, the prologue was really well done in capturing the reader's attention. However after that I thought the story was really slow moving. I felt like I kept waiting for something to happen. There was a lot of leading up to... and that's it.

I really liked Luce and her friends. I thought Arianne was great and Penn was adorable. I'm still on the fence about how I feel about Daniel. I feel like he could have been written a little better. For me is was hard to love him the way I can most male leads.
For me there were a few plot holes which maybe will be addressed in the next book. Overall I didn't love this book, but I didn't hate it. I will probably read Torment but not right away.

Happy Reading Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't like it. Your review is one in many that I've read that have expressed disappointment in how the story turned out. It was initially on my TBR because of that cover, like you said, but now I think I'll probably pass. There are so many other books that are much more positively reviewed that I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog-hopping by to return the visit and follow! I didnt' really connect with Daniel, either, though the secondary charcters sure were interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl