Home       About Me       Review Index

Friday, September 29, 2017

Stefanie's Top Ten Tuesdays On a Thursday Part Two

Hi everyone,

Because I had so much fun doing this last week I thought I'd do it again; especially with having finished Harry Potter and not having a book to review (I'll be reviewing one next week, only a quarter done it currently; it's really good so far and I can't wait to review it).




     This week I'll be doing a Top Ten Books I Liked More/ Less Than I Thought I Would





Take the Key and Lock Her Up by Ally Carter

Did not like.

Ally Carter is one of my favorite authors, but there was something about this series that was just, well, boring. I could barely get through book two, but this one took me a MONTH to read. A month; that never happens.  While the cover is beautiful, the content inside was just complaining and whining.

This was the biggest letdown, but I have high hopes for Carter's next book, which sounds really interesting!!








Mind Games by Kiersten White

I loved Paranormalcy so I thought yes to this book, because the plot was something so different from what I normally read.

Except this was a flop for me too.

I couldn't get into it after chapter two and I was so confused after that chapter; I normally like when the book starts in the middle of the action, but I felt more background was needed for the beginning.








Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare

Let me state this: I don't read romance. Something about all the positive reviews on this made me get the audio book, and boy did I ever enjoy it. The narrator was hilarious and I'm honestly thinking about getting the second one in this series.

Win!









The Choices We Make by Karma Brown

Supporting Canadian authors is something I try really hard to do and I read her first book and got this one from the library.

While I ended up sobbing by the end and staying up until 2:30 AM to finish it, I really enjoyed it. It was so well written that I immediately went and put a hold on her third book.

Win! But be warned, you will probably tear up reading this.







Hello, Sunshine by Laura Dave

SO FREAKING GOOD!

I wasn't sure about this one going in; I was intrigued by the title and got it from my library. It's now on my to-buy list.

I'm also currently in possession of her first book Eight Hundred Grapes from the library. It'll have to wait until I get through my spooky October reads though.

WIN TIMES FOUR!







Bell, Book & Candlemas by Jennifer David Hesse

I wasn't that thrilled with the first book, but knew I wanted to continue to see what the series had to offer. Glad I did, because this book was a vast improvement to book one.

This one felt like a good cozy; great characters, connections to the community where everyone wants to help one another and that small town feeling.

Win!




Just Friends by Tiffany Pitcock

This premise was tailor-made for me; friends to a relationship. Except the execution of it sucked.

I can honestly say this wasn't at all the book I was hoping it was going to be.

This was a flop.






Royce Rolls by Margaret Stohl

This was an impulse grab at the library; I really liked the synopsis and the cover was catchy. I liked how the book was laid out through blog posts and such, but that's about all I liked. If there's such a thing it was too sarcastic, which I honestly didn't think was a thing for m.

Flop for me.



When Joss Met Matt by Ellie Cahill

I love Liz Czukas' books, love them enough to get the library I work at to buy them for the collection. Going in I thought this would be a cut book in the vein of Boomerang; not so much.

Was really disappointed with it.







Love Unexpected by Jody Hedlund

This was a complete surprise! I had read Hedlund's young adult novels and wanted to give this one a try. I enjoyed it so much! Such a cute and fluffy historical tale, with just a dash of romance.

I've read historical before but mostly that was set in medieval times and I watch a lot of historical movies/ TV shows (ahem, Outlander, just the TV show though), so this was nice to add to my read shelf and enjoy it so much!






After composing this Top Ten List I actually noticed how diverse my read goes. I pick my books mostly on moods and I'll typically read 5 cozy mysteries in a row and not want to read anymore for a month after.

What are some of the books you loved/ disliked more than you thought you would; I'm curious to know!

Until my next review,

Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl