Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, December 19, 2016

Library Book Haul







Hello Friends,

I am going to let you in on a little secret- the library is a very magical place. 

I use the library ALL THE TIME. Actually, I depend on my local library for the majority of my reading material. I don't like buying books I haven't previously read. For me to commit to buying a book I need to have read it and loved it. It's both a money thing- as I don't want to spend money on something I am not going to like. But mostly it's a space thing, I have very limited space to store my books- so I need to be picky. Borrowing from the library allows me to experience so many different books- new and old.

If I hear a lot of buzz about a book, or if I know of a book I really want to read, I can request it from the library. Nine times out of ten they'll have it, and if they don't, I can request they buy it. It's rare that my library won't have the book I want. Sure, sometimes the requested book isn't available right away and I have to wait, sometimes a couple weeks, sometimes months, but it's generally pretty reasonable.

Don't believe me that the library is an amazing place with so much to offer- let me enlighten you...





I have five books out from the library at the moment and they are all 2016 releases.



Underwater by Marissa Reichardt (Jan 12th)
The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter (March 15th)
The Way I Used To Be by Amber Smith (March 22nd)
The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid (Nov 1st)
I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh (May 3rd)


All five books are a three week loans. I have read one, in the middle of another. I have one week left with two (but I can renew them), and I have two and two and a half weeks with the others. My plan is to get them alllllll read.

I love the library, and I really would encourage you all to use your local library.


~Happy Reading Everyone

3 comments:

  1. I so wish I have your discipline, Sara. I think it's a great idea to only buy books that you love. I think I'll try to make use of the library more next year. I love that you're able to get new releases, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe that I only really started using my local library in 2016? It's kind of unbelievable to me as a book lover, but years' previous I was reading more for school, reading books purchased, and books from publishers, so I never felt there was time for library books. But I finally really dug into my library this year and I can absolutely attest to it being a magical place. They rarely ever have what I want in house because I live in such a small town with a small library, but I can request anything I want and it arrives in a couple days! And it's just down the street from my house on a beautiful walking path... glorious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still buy many books, but I do love borrowing from my library. I think in 2017 I will borrow more and by less. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl