Home       About Me       Review Index

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sara's January Recap






Hello Friends! Happy February!



It's my first monthly recap of the year. I really love reading monthly recaps, I really enjoy keeping track of what I've been reading and how well I am doing compared to my reading goals. I enjoy reading others monthly recaps, and being mind blown by the amount that some people are able to read (how does one read 20 books in one month, I'd like to know).

So I know this is late- so we're just gonna jump into the bookish recap- because I don't remember what happened in January, life wise, at all. Sorry.


The Books:

Total Books:
10

Physical Books
5
 Audiobooks
 5

Physical Books

1) Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway (4 Stars)
2) A Different Pond by Bao Phi and Thi Bui (4 Stars)
3) Keep Her Safe by KA Tucker (3 Stars)
4) The Wicked Deep Shea Ernshaw (3 Stars) 
5) Fly Away by Andrew McCarthy (4 Stars)

Favourite Read





This book is different than the books I generally tend to read. This is kind of a graphic novel/story book/social commentary. It's a lovely story and SO special. I read it one evening while working at the bookstore. If you every have a moment to check this one out, do it. 

Audiobooks

The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden (4 Stars)
The British Knight by Louise Bay (3 Stars)
Wicked Choice by Sawyer Bennett (2 Stars)
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (3 1/2 Stars)
Dirty by Kylie Scott (3 Stars) 

Favourite Read 

 
This was an odd little book. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. It's a retelling of a Russian fairy tale (I think), and I kind of loved it. The narrator was brilliant which really added to the whole experience. It was a very pleasant read. 


2018 Goals Check In:  Check out my 2018 goals here -
 
So it looks like audiobooks are still consuming my life. Oh well, I'll try and work on that. I am pleased that I got 10 books in last month. My goal for February is to physically read six books (although I'm not sure that will happen).  I was fairly successful with my goals for the year, although I did not get in a non-fiction read. I did try, but non-fiction is something I struggle with. I'm pretty certain I'll do fine this coming month though. I read two 2018 releases: Keep Her Safe and The Wicked Deep, I also got an adult novel read with The Bear and the Nightingale.  So overall, pretty good.  

That's it for my very late January recap, but I hope you enjoy anyways.  

~Happy Reading Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl