Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Stefanie's October Wrap Up


Hello everyone,

I'm always bittersweet when October ends; not only is it my favorite month, but sadly we typically get snow, cold weather and all those pretty autumn colors and leaves disappear. 

I had my birthday, attended my work's Halloween activity night (basically a dance, but with more stations), had another epic work costume; this year it was Wizard of Oz. I got to be Dorothy and watching the students faces when they'd spot another character in a different classroom (it was like a huge. The best was having the students guess the day before what the costume was going to be. A couple suggestions from the clues I gave them (it's a big group, something you will know, it's a movie or TV show) were Loud House, Addams Family, Beauty and the Beast and something I had never heard of. 

October was another great month for reading; I got most of the books on my fall TBR list actually read! 

Books I read: 

Hello, Sunshine by Leila Howland
Pressed to Death by Kirsten Weiss
Midnight at Madame Leota's by Amicus Arcane
One Hundred Candles by Mara Purnhagen
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
Bean Stalker by Kirsten White
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Illustrated edition by J.K. Rowling
Bad Housekeeping by Maia Chance
Royal Crush by Meg Cabot
Wesley James Ruined My Life by Jennifer Honeybourn
Stirring the Plot by Daryl Wood Gerber

Total: 11

Books of the Month:

  

I watched a whole bunch of Halloween movies from Halloweentown, Casper, Hocus Pocus to my attempt at watching horror movies. I'm not a fan of horror, but something about October just asks for horor movies. The ones I watched were mostly from the 30s and 40s on TCM, but I did try to watch a few modern ones, like The Grudge, When a Stranger Calls and The Skeleton Key. After this I can say horror really isn't my thing, unless its from the 30s-60s when horror was more about the movie atmosphere than gore and jump scares. 


That was basically my month; filed with movies and books, just the way I like it. I've now gone full-out Christmas movie crazy. I just love those cheesy Hallmark made-for-TV movies. I can't commit to Christmas music until after Remembrance Day, but I've already started Christmas present shopping!

Hope everyone had a great October!

Until my next review,

Stefanie 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl