Home       About Me       Review Index

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Monthly Recap- January



These post may be more for me than any of you. But here I go anyways. I really enjoy(ed) keeping track of what I'd read in a month this way. So I bring back to you the Monthly Recap.

I read only six books in January. Which actually, is pretty standard for me. I'd like to push that to seven for February, we'll see. Anywho, here they are.



1) The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley- Had to read this one for Book Club. I didn't like it. I found it incredibly boring and poorly written. The theme of the novel would suggest that it would be an incredibly moving novel, with a ton of emotion and would be the cause of a number of tears. That is not what I got. I felt nothing. Oh well.









While I was reading The Promise of Stardust, I was also listening to....


2) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling- This book was brilliant! I started watching The Mindy Project last summer (maybe even later) and I fell in love. SO naturally, I wanted to read her book. But seeing as Mindy herself narrates it, I thought it'd be pretty fantastic to experience it that way. I was right. I loved the way Mindy told her stories. She had me cracking up all over the place. It was a lot of fun to listen to.







After weeks and weeks I finally finished...


3) I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson- I don't want to say to much about how I felt reading this book. Because - wait for it - I think I'm going to write a review. But I have mixed feelings on this one. Stay tuned.











Then I moved onto....


4) Take Me On by Katie McGarry- I don't think I have every been so disappointed in a book ever. I am a huge fan of McGarry. But Take Me On was weak. I found that there was absolutely no depth to the story and I couldn't connect with the characters or their situation at all. I was sad. I am hoping this one was a fluke bust on my part, and her future books will be better for me.









After, I quickly read...



5) The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen- What an absolutely lovely little novel. I loved this book. It was so endearing and just a feel good book. I loved it. I am eager to read more by this author. (This is another Carrie recommends, and she never steers me wrong).









I ended the month with...


Fixed On You by Laureline Paige- Why did I read this?!? I don't know. It was so STOOPID! I have thoughts on these types of books and the way the female protagonists are portrayed. Maybe, someday, I'll get around to writing about them.










Overall, it wasn't a bad month. I have a plan for February's reading. I have three series I am hoping to finish. I just have the last books to read. SO keep your fingers crossed that I get to them.

Here's to hoping you'll be seeing more of me, but I make no promises.


~Happy Reading Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I would so love to hear your thoughts on I'll Give You the Sun and female protags in those kinds of books! No pressure of course. I just miss reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl