Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, September 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday:



I haven't been super consistent when it comes to posting Top Ten Tuesday lists. I have been all over the place when it comes to blogging, but this week I am very excited about the topic and I knew I had to participate. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish


Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show 
(set in a perfect world...in which movies don't butcher the books we love)

1) The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward- I want HBO to produce it and I want it to be perfect. I love these books- they are gritty, sexy and full of f bombs and sh*t kickers. And I think the stories would transfer well onto TV.  Maybe now that True Blood has only one season left HBO will be looking to fill it's vampire hole.

2) The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano- I think this series would make an interesting trio of films. For this to work they would need a stellar screen play and the casting would be important. 

3) The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han- I kind of would like to see this as a TV series. I feel like it would resonate well with teens these days. In saying that I would rather not see the CW pick it up. I am not a fan of the way they do contemporary stories. They over dramatise them. 

4) Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor- This would make a fantastic set of movies. But it would need to be done right. The books (well, the two that are out) are so beautifully written and are so magical, and I would hope that any on screen production of them would be able to express that. 

5) Pivot Point by Kasie West- This would make a really fun movie (it would actually probably do well as a tv series as well). The concept of two realities is always a fun one and seeing it on screen would be entertaining. 

6) Altered by Jennifer Rush- I just want to see who they would cast as the boys. The book has four very attractive men as the leads, just think about all the eye candy. the story also has a number of plot twists and action to make a good television series. But at the same time, they could also make it really corny. But this list is a fairy tale world where that wouldn't happen. 

7) Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys- This would make a fantastic movie. New Orleans in the 1920s. Not just that, the bookstore setting and the brothel. So much fun. 

8) The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer- Again, if done right, this series would be great movies. Cinder was fantastic book and Scarlet was even better. I think that sci-fi is becoming more popular these days and this would tip the scale. 

9) Bumped and Thumped by Megan McCafferty- These two books had such a weird plot and I think that would make a great TV show. Imagine a society were girls were trying to get pregnant in high school cause that's when they were the most fertile. A society that encouraged it. It'd be cool to see. 

10) The Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts- This is a set of four books and they are so extremely romantic and feel good, that I am sure they would be great on screen. I would think more as a TV show versus four separate movies though.

Honourable Mentions:

1) The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo- It would be awesome to see these in movie form.
2) Across the Universe Trilogy by Beth Revis- Need I say more? Sci Fi futuristic themes are all the rage right now.
3) Dreamland by Sarah Dessen- This is a major issues novel and I think there are some great books out there that explore these situations and I think they should be considered for movies as well. Dreamland is just one of many that I think would be good to make. 

12 comments:

  1. love love love your list! and great minds think a like I felt just the same about the Summer books being a tv show

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, The Chemical Garden Trilogy is such a great choice!! I'm a lose for not reading Sever yet though. It's been on my shelf since release day!
    I don't think I could handle the hotness of the Black Dagger Brotherhood on the big screen! Oh Snap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is awesome! Cinder, Pivot Point, Altered, etc... YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I forgot to add the Chemical Gardens trilogy to my list! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know all of those books but the BDB would be a heck of a lot of fun. I went with vamps too but overall more urban fantasy. Here's my T10T
    Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I had BDB on my list as having movies made of them, but I think you're absolutely right - they would be better as an HBO series. We should start a petition...

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see a movie based on the Lunar Chronicles. Dreamland would be great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see a movie based on the Lunar Chronicles. Dreamland would be great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh yeah, it would need to be HBO for the Black Dagger Brotherhood series because they couldn't be on regular cable, haha!! And Daughter of Smoke and Bone would be AMAZING. Really, freaking expensive to make, but amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black Dagger Brotherhood series seems to be a popular want! I still need to read the series, but based on the summaries, it would make an interesting show!

    Here are my Top Ten .

    ReplyDelete
  12. A major YES! for Pivot Point and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. There would be a ton of possibilites for both book worlds on the TV/movie screen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl