Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0- Sign Up & Goals

Bout of Books


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.


Hello there,

I hummed and hawed about whether I was going to participate in the Bout of Books read-a-thon that begins on Monday. I take part in May and had a blast and read SO much but I wasn't working then and could spend all day reading. I am not working full time and can sometimes feel pretty exhausted when I get home. But alas, here I am signing up- Because I want to. 

Goals: 

Because I am working and have would like to enjoy the rest of my summer outside I am going to set realistic goals for myself.  


  • I would like to read at least seventy-five (75) pages per weekday & one hundred (100) on the weekends
  • I would like to start and finish two (2) books during the read-a-thon 

Really those are the only goals that I have. I do have a couple of books that I could like to read during the week though: 

1) How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
2) Fire With Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian 
3) Arranged by Catherine McKenzie 

Not a a lot but I am keeping these goals simple to so that my chances of success remain high. I will be keeping track of my progress on this post. So stay tuned. I'm excited for this to get started now.


Updates 

Monday
Currently reading: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
What I've read: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Pages read: 92 (which is more than I planned).

Tuesday
Currently reading: How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
What I've read: How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
Pages read: 43 (fail)

Wednesday
Currently reading: How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff/ Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas
What I've read: Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas
Pages read: 95 (much better) 

Thursday
Currently reading: Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas
What I've read: 
Pages read: 169 (Boo Ya!!)

Friday
Currently reading: Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas (I'm almost done).
What I've read: 
Pages read: 

Saturday
Currently reading:
What I've read:  
Pages read: 

Sunday
Currently reading:
What I've read: 
Pages read:


~Happy Reading Everyone!  

3 comments:

  1. Good luck in the readathon! I'm thinking about joining too because I love readathons. I've been meaning to read How I Live Now for a while so I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're reading Arranged! That's one of my favourite Catherine McKenzie books. :) I hope you like it!

    Good luck with the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on, good for you! You're taking a better attitude than I ever have - read-a-thons always seem to fall during times when I'm too busy, but I guess the point is just to encourage reading, so maybe I should take your attitude and try one out sometime. 75 pages might be doable for me. Anyways, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl