Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Thoughts: Naughty and Nice Anthology

A famous singer reunites with an old flame. A couple explores their desire to be truly bound together. Newlyweds heat things up when they're trapped indoors. And sparks fly when the lights go out. Whether you are naughty or nice, you can still get what you really want for Christmas in this collection of four seasonal shorts.

Featuring Stories by Shannon Stacey, Jaci Burton, Megan Hart and Lauren Dane.



So I was pretty excited to read get this book from netGalley, and very eager to dig into it. I've read stories/books by Burton, Hart and Dane, but never by Stacey. I am generally pretty excited about finding new authors and I find anthologies are the safest way to do it.

I was not a huge fan of Shannon Stacey's Holiday Sparks, which was her contribution to Naughty and Nice. I thought it was a bit rushed (which is understandable considering it was only about 50 or so pages), but I also found it not to be very well developed. I did like the characters, they worked for me. I just wish there was more to read or more of something.

Jaci Burton's All She Wants for Christmas I think was my favourite of the bunch. I liked it because it had a little more depth then the first story. I loved that there was a kid in the story and that she was cute and funny, I also loved how she always referred to Riley (The Female Protagonist) as Riley Jensen-always. It was great. The story was good and I felt like it began and ended well.

I was super excited for Unwrapped by Megan Hart. We all know that I love Megan, but Unwrapped featured Leah and Brandon from Taking Care of Business and No Reservations (which was a collaborative work by both Megan Hart and Lauren Dane). When I read a book I sometimes get really invested in the characters, I want to know what's in store for them next. I love that Megan has done this not once but twice for these two characters. I liked this story, I liked how it was written and how it played out.

I am surprised that I have not read more by Lauren Dane, after reading Believe in Naughty and Nice. I don't know why I haven't. I have only read her collaboration with Megan Hart, and I really enjoyed that. And I really really liked this story. It was good. Dane's story was hands down the raunchiest of the bunch but it was classy, and tasteful. The characters (also recycled I believe) were sweet and I totally loved them, and loved how they loved each other.

Overall Naughty and Nice was a good read. I'm glad I was able to read it.

Happy Reading Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a cute book! I'll definitely have to add it to the TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read an anthology before. I think I get turned off because of the thought of short stories and I really like my stories to be longer so that you can really dig into the characters and the stories. But I figure I should give it a try sometime because other people seem to be able to enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I am a fan of anthologies. I think they are a good idea if you are curious about an authour but leary to commit to a full novel.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl