Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday (6) My Christmas Wishlist
I haven't done one of these in a couple weeks. I had to take last week off- I was ten kinds of busy with the end of the term. University sucks sometimes! TTT is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish.
But I am pretty excited about this week... I get to share my wishlist.
Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me
1) The Perks of Being a Wallflower By Stephen Chbosky - I read this book earlier this year and I loved it. I, however, do not own this. I need it though. I have a special spot saved for it on my bookshelf.
2) The Taker by Alma Katsu- Another book I have read but do not own. I loved the book and I would like to own the trade paperback. I think the cover is beautiful and I must own this novel.
3) Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood- I enjoyed this novel and I am obsessed with the cover. It's so pretty. Although I would like to own this book. I wouldn't be devastated if Santa didn't bring it to me.
4) Rapture by JR Ward- This is book four in her Fallen Angels series. I haven't read book three yet, but I own them all and I really dislike not having a complete series. However, I believe this one was released in hardback, and I have no problems waiting for the paperback.
5) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo- I loved this book when I read it back in the Summer. I loved the Russian feel to it. I loved the main character and I loved the writing. It was perfect. Such a good story, and I would love to have it on my shelf.
6) My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- My favourite contemporary novel ever. Well this year at least. This novel I would love for Santa to deliver to me. As soon and I was done reading it, I wanted to start over. I love books like that.
7) Days of Blood and Starlight by Lani Taylor- I don't generally buy books that I haven't read before. It's sort of my rule. I dislike wasting money on something that I am unsure I will love. But I was thrilled with Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I am VERY eager for the sequel. So excited.
8) The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling- I know I want to read this book, and I will be the first to admit that I want to own it on principle alone. Jo wrote it, and I want to support any and everything she writes. My concern with owning this though is that I would never get around to reading it.
9) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy- I would love to read this book, and with the movie just out now I am even more curious about it. I want to own it, but Santa I am very specific on the cover I want.
10) The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta- Love, love, love this book!!! I NEED to own. But I am a little picky with this one. I want the Australian cover. I am not a huge fan of the North American Cover. I think it's ugly.
So there you have it. My Christmas wishlist. Books I have read and books I haven't. I love looking at these so please leave links to yours below so I can take a look.
~Happy Reading Everyone!