Home       About Me       Review Index

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2013 YA Audiobook challenge-Sign Up


Did you know that about a quarter of the books I "read" during the year are audiobooks? I always have an audiobook on the go. I find that they make certain mundane tasks, such as cleaning, and exercising much more pleasant. But I have never reviewed any of the audiobooks I have listened to. Which is to bad, because I have heard some great ones, experienced some fantastic narrators. Therefore I am going to participate in the 2013 Young Adult Audiobook challenge hosted by Jen at A Book and A Latte. You can find out more about the challenge and how to signup here.

From the challenge page:

Choose a level below that will challenge you, and listen to and review the amount of audiobooks required for that level. To complete this challenge, you must listen and review a minimum of 12 audiobooks (released any year) of the YA genre in 2012. 


 Easy Listening Listen to and review 12 audiobooks. 

 Rock’n Out Listen to and review 24 audiobooks. 

 Head Bang’n Listen to 36+ audiobooks, and review at least 24 of them. 

 Mosh Pit Listen to 48+ audiobooks, and review at least 36 of them.

For this challenge I am going to take it easy and go with the ``Easy Listening Listen`category. I am sure I will listen to more then twelve audiobooks but, will I review more? We'll see.


For your listening pleasure, below are a few of my favourite narrators:

- Khristine Hvam: Daughter of Smoke and Bone- She did a fantastic job with Smoke and Bone and I really would love to see how she does with Days of Blood and Starlight

-Dan Bittner: Linger and Shiver- Love his voice. He narrated Cole in The Wolves of Mercy Falls series. It was brilliant. He also narrated Gayle Forman's Where She Went.

-MacLeod Andrews: Will Grayson, Will Grayson- One of the best audiobooks I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. The two narrators were fantastic and I am eager to see what other YA novels I can dig into that they've narrated.

-Nick Podehl: Will Grayson, Will Grayson- The other half of the Will Grayson duo. I know Nick has narrated The Chaos Walking trilogy and I have been wanting to read that novel for a while, so maybe I'll listen to it instead.

-Laura Flanagan: Identical & Crank- Laura narrates the majority of Ellen Hopkins' novels and she does a great job. She does uncaring, twisted teenager brilliantly. She also narrates The Running Dream which is what I would like to listen to this year.

So there you have it.  My challenge sign up.

~Happy Reading Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenge! I think I might join you and listen to Will Grayson, Will Grayson :D I've been meaning to read that for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined an audiobook challenge as well, but just a general one. Why don't you review your audiobooks? About 1/3 of mine are audios as well...I read so slow that there would be nothing on m blog if I didn't listen to and review audio books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of an audiobook person. I can only think about 1 or 2 audiobooks I've started in my life...and never finished:/ But I want to wish you Good Luck and much fun with your audiobook challenge and a Happy New Year 2013:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl