It's TUESDAY again!! I am REALLY excited about this week's topic, as it gives me the opportunity to talk about some of my favourite books. So I hope you enjoy and add some fantastic novels to your TBR. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish.
This week's topic:
Top Ten "Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About (you can define older however you wish. Basically just back-listed books you think are great. Basically the point is to share books that could be forgotten about in the midst of all the new releases)
1) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Neffenegger- This was such a FANTASTIC novel, however I believe the movie was SO bad it destroyed the beauty of the novel. But do not be swayed my reader friends. The Neffenegger is a beautiful novel.
2) After by Amy Efaw- This was a novel about teen pregnancy. It has a really interesting take on the approach on the topic. I think this book flies way under the radar. I would recommend it to everyone interested in teen pregnancy in the their YA novels.
3) Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neil- This was a great book. I read it a number of years ago. It is not for the faint of heart; it is a heavy read. But it is hopeful.
4) Summer Sisters by Judy Blume- Judy Blume is known for her coming of age YA novels. The pushing the limits kind of books. However she has authored a number of adult novels and they are just as amazing as her young adults. Summer Sister is one of those novels. It was SO good. I reread it every couple of years because I loved it so much.
5) The Druid's Tune by OR Melling- Another novel I had read when I was young, but still very good. A wonderful YA novel that take you to a different world.
6) The Outcast by Sadie Jones- This novel take place in the 1920`s and 30`s. It was good. I loved the story. And not many people on my Goodreads list has read this novel. This makes me sad because it really is a great novel. It`s romantic but not a perfect romance. It`s troubled, but it`s okay.
7) Public Secrets by Nora Roberts- We all know Nora Roberts. We all know that she is a mega superstar in the romance novel world. She`s written like a million novels. This was a GREAT book. I loved it. For those who have never read Nora try this one, I think it`s one of her best (and I have read a lot of her novels). Thinking about it now makes me want to go and reread it.
8) Dirty by Megan Hart- This is one of my favourite books. I remember seeing it the bookstore one day and skipping out on it. Going back another time and finally buying it. Reading it and being totally SURPRISED by what I was reading. Dirty is NOT FOR KIDS (extreme adult content). But the story is beautiful. I have passed it on to a number of friends and they have really enjoyed it.
9) The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson- I read this book by accident a few years ago. I liked the cover so I picked it up, was intrigued by the cover and read it. It was wonderful (I liked it so much I believe I`ve added it to previous TTT). The author hasn`t written anything else since The Gargoyle and I fear that people will forget about this novel because of that.
10) Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James- This is a WONDERFUL novel. I feel like it`s not talked about enough. I barely see it in the bookstores (and if I do, it`s not very man), and hardly anyone has read it. I don`t understand. It`s a great story and the writing it FANTASTIC. You all should read this novel.
That`s it for me this week.
~Happy Reading Everyone!
**Don't forget to check out my Banned Books Week Giveaway- Opened internationally.**