Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Why so Serious?-The Mortal Instruments Edition
To prepare for the upcoming release of City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare, I have decided to share my favourite quotes/dialogues that made me chuckle from the first three books in The Mortal Instruments. This is a series of posts I have titled 'Why So Serious?-TMI Edition'. I thought it would be nice to remember why we love this series so much and start getting even more excited for City of Fallen Angels.
So here goes...
From City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
1) "Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie." -Jace
2) "It's the mortal cup Jace, not the mortal toilet bowl." -Isabelle
3) "That's why when major badasses greet each other in movies, they don't say anything, they just nod. The nod means, 'I' am a badass, and I recognize that you, too, are a badass,' but they don't say anything because they're Wolverine and Magneto and it would mess up their vibe to explain." -Simon
4) "You know," Clary said, "most psychologists agree that hostility is really just sublimated sexual attraction." -Clary
5) "Hodge sent me to wake you up. Actually he offered to wake you himself, but since it's 5 a.m., I figured you'd be less cranky if you had something nice to look at.'" -Jace
6) '"Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."'
7) '"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."' -Jace
8) '"I am a badass, and I recognize that you, too, are a badass."' Simon
9) "Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?" asked Jace.
"It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath."
"As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome," said Simon.
"I knew we should have left you a rat."
10) '"Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt."' -Jace
I know that the majority of these are from Jace but he's pretty funny. I have a thing for sarcasm. Hopefully everyone enjoyed this. City of Ashes next week.
Happy Reading Everyone!
**I'm giving away a copy of Choker
By Elizabeth Woods, Check it out here**