Home       About Me       Review Index

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Daggers, Leather and Vampire. What more could a girl need?


I've been on a reader's reading block for the past several days. I've read so many great books this month that I'm a little leery of reading something terrible (actually I am reading something terrible hence the reader's block). It's making me a little sad. In saying that though, I did pick up an old favorite.

The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward.

"In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There also exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race." (www.jrward.com/bdb/index-books.html)

The only way I can think to describe the series without giving to much away. The first book was published in 2005 and there are a total of eight books and one compendium, with two more books that we know are for sure coming out. I love this series and it's hard for me to wait a year for a new one to be released (for the last little while, it's been one new book per year.)

I started to reread this series earlier in June, and I started with the third book Lover Awakened. Which is Zsadist's story, and although this isn't my favorite of the series it is the one that was the most hopeful, and had the most salvation I think. The brother's in the brotherhood are a sad bunch and needed a lot of work; and because this is a romance series it was up to their females to save them. Zsadist was pretty broken and it was sad: it made me really sad. He thought he was totally ruined and not worth a whole lot. Sigh.

I then moved onto Lover Revealed, the fourth installment and Butch's story. Butch the Brother's human companion and former member of the Caldwell PD also known as the human who fell in love with a female of the vampire race.

I am now reading Dark Lover, the very first book in this series and now as I read it, I find that I am missing all the character's of the stories to come. But meh, I am really enjoying reading the beginning and meeting my old friends again. ha.

I'll probably keep rereading the first couple books as I get bored with other things. I did go to the library the other night and took a few rather interesting novels that I am eager to start reading, I'm sure I'll be writing all about them at some point or another.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl