Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Sara's Birthday Wishlist
In about a week and a half (April 7th), I will be turning 30!!! Eeeeeeks! It blows my mind that I will be 30, I feel like I just graduated high school, I remember turning 25. Where has the time gone? I don't know, I just don't know.
I have been saying for months now, that all I want for my birthday are books- I don't want anything else- just books. However, this has meant that I have had to keep myself from buying any books. This is usually pretty easy for me, but there has been a time or two where I had to reign it in and walk out of the bookstore empty handed.
Since I no longer use Amazon- I have been using the Chapter/Indigo website to keep track of all the books I want to read/wouldn't mind owning, and I thought I'd do a sneaky little post and share with you some of the books I am hoping to get for my birthday.
***disclaimer- I am not expecting any gifts for my birthday. I just thought this would be fun to share with you, these are basically books I really want to read.***
1) Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier- I have heard nothing but good things about this book and I really want to get my hands on it. I don't even know a whole lot about this particular story, but I still want it in my life. Particularly this cover or the red and fold version of it- I think it's stunning.
2) Wire and Nerves by Marissa Meyer - I loved the Lunar Chronicles saga, and I loved Iko, and I think the concept of a graphic novel as a way to share her adventures is genius. I would love to get my hands on this.
3) Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman - I really like Neil Gaiman's writing and I am SUPER curious about this one. I am half Norwegian (believe it or not), and I think this is going to be a really great
4) The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden - Another story I don't know a whole lot about, but still one I think I would enjoy. I just know it takes place in Russia, and I like anything Russian (I think).
5) The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well by Meik Wiking - I just love the cover of this book, and I kind of love the idea of Hygge. It looks so cozy, don't ask me why I think that.
6) Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - Again, I know very little about this book. But a few people whose opinion I value, really enjoyed it. It's also by a Canadian author - which is awesome!
7) Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel - This is a sci-fi novel, but it sounds SO good. A friend of mine read it a little while ago and really enjoyed it. And I have been eager to get my hands on it.
8) The Anne of Green Gable's box set- This is a bit of a hefty request, but this is a Canadian classic and I have never read any of these books- and I want to. The box set that's out right now is absolutely beautiful and I think it would look lovely on my shelf.
A few Pre-orders I wouldn't mind are
9) A Court of Mist and Fury (The paperback) by Sarah J. Maas- This is being released on May 2nd and I need it, I just need it. I am excited to reread this book, and to finally get to A Court of Wings and Ruin (which again I will wait a year to own).
10) The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord - I have read a couple of Emery's novels and I have enjoyed them, her newest one, out May 16th has been getting a lot of buzz and I wouldn't mind owning this one.
There you have it a short list of 10ish books I wouldn't mind getting for my birthday. If you want to see what I actually keep on my Chapters/Indigo wishlist check it out here.
~Happy Reading Everyone