Home       About Me       Review Index

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Sara's Birthday Wishlist







Hello Friends,

In about a week and a half (April 7th), I will be turning 30!!! Eeeeeeks! It blows my mind that I will be 30, I feel like I just graduated high school, I remember turning 25. Where has the time gone? I don't know, I just don't know.

I have been saying for months now, that all I want for my birthday are books- I don't want anything else- just books. However, this has meant that I have had to keep myself from buying any books. This is usually pretty easy for me, but there has been a time or two where I had to reign it in and walk out of the bookstore empty handed.

Since I no longer use Amazon- I have been using the Chapter/Indigo website to keep track of all the books I want to read/wouldn't mind owning, and I thought I'd do a sneaky little post and share with you some of the books I am hoping to get for my birthday. 

***disclaimer- I am not expecting any gifts for my birthday. I just thought this would be fun to share with you, these are basically books I really want to read.***

The List-



1) Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier- I have heard nothing but good things about this book and I really want to get my hands on it. I don't even know a whole lot about this particular story, but I still want it in my life. Particularly this cover or the red and fold version of it- I think it's stunning.

2) Wire and Nerves by Marissa Meyer - I loved the Lunar Chronicles saga, and I loved Iko, and I think the concept of a graphic novel as a way to share her adventures is genius. I would love to get my hands on this.








 3)  Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman - I really like Neil Gaiman's writing and I am SUPER curious about this one. I am half Norwegian (believe it or not), and I think this is going to be a really great
story.




4) The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden - Another story I don't know a whole lot about, but still one I think I would enjoy. I just know it takes place in Russia, and I like anything Russian (I think).

5) The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well by Meik Wiking - I just love the cover of this book, and I kind of love the idea of Hygge.  It looks so cozy, don't ask me why I think that.










6) Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - Again, I know very little about this book. But a few people whose opinion I value, really enjoyed it. It's also by a Canadian author - which is awesome!

7) Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel - This is a sci-fi novel, but it sounds SO good. A friend of mine read it a little while ago and really enjoyed it. And I have been eager to get my hands on it.

8) The Anne of Green Gable's box set- This is a bit of a hefty request, but this is a Canadian classic and I have never read any of these books- and I want to. The box set that's out right now is absolutely beautiful and I think it would look lovely on my shelf.


 

A few Pre-orders I wouldn't mind are

9) A Court of Mist and Fury (The paperback) by Sarah J. Maas- This is being released on May 2nd and I need it, I just need it. I am excited to reread this book, and to finally get to A Court of Wings and Ruin (which again I will wait a year to own).

10) The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord - I have read a couple of Emery's novels and I have enjoyed them, her newest one, out May 16th has been getting a lot of buzz and I wouldn't mind owning this one. 


There you have it a short list of 10ish books I wouldn't mind getting for my birthday. If you want to see what I actually keep on my Chapters/Indigo wishlist check it out here.

~Happy Reading Everyone





2 comments:

  1. Hey!! Advance Happy Birthday, Sara! I hope you'll get a few of these books on your birthday. :D The Little Book of Hygge sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th!! 30 was a fun birthday for me (even though I was SO scared to be that old). But really, I think the 30's are the best years. I think I've had the most fun and I'm so much less stupid than I was in my early 20's. I hope you get alllll the books!! I bought Wires and Nerves recently and I'm pumped to read/look at it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl