Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, February 20, 2017

Series I Probably Won't be Finishing

Hello friends, about a year ago I did an inventory of all the unfinished series and was a little stunned by what it revealed- check it out here. I had over fifty unfinished series, which is madness. Since then, I have finished a couple series, but I have also started a couple more.  I really hate starting a series, and not finishing them. However, after some serious thought, I have come up with a pretty substantial list of series I just will not be continuing. So, I thought I'd share those books with you.





1) The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare- I finished City of Fallen Angels, the fourth book in this series, and decided I was done. Personally, I think the series should have ended with City of Ashes, but what do I know?

2) The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini- I've read both Eragon and Eldest a loooooong time ago, and I really enjoyed them. But because it's been so long, I think I've just lost interest, and there are SOOOOOOOOO many other books to read.

3) Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- I've only read the first book in this series, and I found it very unmemorable. I have zero interest in continuing with this series.

4) The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig- I was really excited to read this book when I read the synopsis, a ship and time travel- sounds like my cup of tea. However, the book was actually pretty boring. Nothing really happens, so I won't be reading the sequel, The Ship Beyond Time.





5) Fallen by Lauren Kate- This was one of the first books I read when I started blogging, and boy was it bad. I didn't think so when I first read it, but now that I have read so many other books and so many other stories, I have realized The Fallen series is not good, and I have no intention of continuing.




6) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - I read this one before I started the Vampire Academy series and I Vampire Academy series, but I don't know, I thought it was fine, but, kind of boring. I may give this another go once I have finished the

7) Wildefire by Karsten Knight- This was another book I read my first year blogging, and I really enjoyed it. But again, it's been to long and I've lost interest.









8) Stork by Wendy Delsol- This is a little series that is pretty underrated. I read the first two books Stork and Frost and I really enjoyed them.  But, the synopsis of the third book sounds a little hokey.  I may read it, it's one book, but I don't know when or if that will happen.

9) Starbound by Amie Kaufman- I read These Broken Stars and wasn't so in love with it that I felt the need to rush and read This Shattered World when it came out. I am not opposed to reading the rest of the series, but I am not in any rush.

10) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- I just hated this book when I first read it. I am pretty sure I am in the minority with this one. But no, I can't.





11) The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa- Fairies are my thing, I love them. I was pretty excited about this series. I read The Iron King and thought it was okay, went on to read The Iron Daughter and again, thought it okay. I wasn't terribly eager to read the next in the series, and now it's been a few years, and my reading tastes have matured.

12) The Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks - Another series that I really enjoyed reading. I read the first two books, Of Poseidon and Of Triton, but when Of Neptune came out, I had lost interest.


The Maybe's 

So there are a few series that I haven't fully decided to let go of. But I need your input. on- should I keep going? I am on the fence a bit about the following.



13) Me Before You by Jojo Moyes- I am not sure whether it's worth reading After You. I really liked , and I loved Lou, but I am not sure if reading on will ruin things for me.
Me Before You

14) Choas Walking by Patrick Ness -  I read The Knife of Never Letting Go at the insistence of  Aylee from Recovering Potter Addict. I really liked it, but it was really my thing. I could keep going, but I don't know. What say you?

15) Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian- I think I liked this one (I've only read the first book). I am a little curious about where things went/ended. But again, I am not sure it's worth the time.





Well that's enough I think, there are other unfinished series I could talk about it. But I haven't fully convinced myself that I am quitting. Maybe this time next year there will be another post. 

6 comments:

  1. There are so many series that I probably won't be reading in this lifetime. Lol. The list is endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha- I could have gone on and on with this list. I also could have categorized it by books I have read one in and books I have read more than one in. The list is certainly endless.

      Delete
  2. I feel like most books I read are either part of a series or end up becoming one so there are definitely a lot that I won't bother finishing too. I personally loved Under the Never Sky and Starbound so obviously finished those but gave up on The Iron Fey series like you. I also won't be bothering to finish Kagawa's Talon series. With Bloodlines, I just have the last book to go ... and yet I can't seem to make myself get past the second chapter since last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so hard to keep the momentum going with series' I lose interest SO quickly. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I decided to ditch a lot of series too when I realized that my list of series-on-the-go was just way too crazy to handle. And for a lot of the same reasons too - some cases of it had been too long since I read the first book and lost interest and some cases that my reading tastes have just changed/matured. It actually feels pretty freeing to write off a lot of those unfinished series to whittle my list down to 5.

    With Chaos Walking: that's tricky to say. I mean the writing style doesn't change so if it wasn't for you in the first book, then it won't be for you in the last two. Story-wise and character-wise though, it's pretty incredible how epic the last two books are. I wish I knew what the audiobooks were like so that maybe I could recommend completing the series via audio? But I have no idea if they are any good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only way I will finish The Chaos Walking is by audio- I also don't think I am ready to give up on that series. Especially with the movie news buzzing about.

      I kind of feel like a failure when I don't finish a series (that's my own hang up though). It takes a long time for me to finally say- I am not going to keep going. It is pretty freeing in the end though.

      Delete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl