Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Stefanie's Thoughts: Bloom by Estee Lalonde


'For me, the word "bloom" encapsulates the idea that anything is possible when you put your mind to it. It's a word that hints at becoming who you are meant to be.' Estée Lalonde

In Bloom, Estée shares the moments, people, things and life lessons that have made her who she is today and offers her tips for surviving life. Celebrate your bloom story and what makes you unique.

Life * People * Work * Beauty * Fashion * Home * Travel * Food






Hi everyone,

I'm going to be reviewing Bloom by Estee Lalonde. I guess I need to start off by saying that I didn't watch many of Estee's videos until after I picked up her book at the library; I'm like that with actually most of the YouTuber books I read/buy, I hardly watch their videos, but I get really emotionally invested in their books (I love Tanya Burr's baking book!).

So, with that being said, I really didn't know much about Estee going into Bloom, so it was nice to read about her life/ background (it was so awesome to find out she's from Canada!). I really loved the beginning chapters on how she became a YouTuber and reading about how she moved from Canada to England for love (how sweet is that)- this was something I had hardly ever heard about except in movies. I liked how she talked about her anxiety; I thought that that was a very brave thing to do.

My negatives with this one is that the fashion, makeup and food sections didn't present any new information for me. I was disappointed in this, because I was really hoping to learn more on these subjects. Now, I'm no expert on these topics but I will say I know a lot about them. But, being that Estee's entire YouTube channel is dedicated to these subjects I was hoping to get some new ideas.

The last negative for me was the travel section. I basically felt that she was bragging about all the different places she had been. Sure she did give some pointers and suggestions on what to do if you ever travel to these places. But, I don't think she presented it in the best way she could have.

My other thing too was I did find some typos throughout the book and for me that takes away the professional feel of it.

I really loved the section about bringing nature indoors. Granted this was taken away when she shows pictures of her multi-million dollar home,  and I know I'll never be able to afford to ever live in that kind of luxury.

Overall I'm split on how to rate this, which is why I gave it a three. Some sections completely lacked originality, while the home section I felt was a nice addition. With less typos I think this would have been a much better read.

3 out of 5

Until my next review,

Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl