This is the first year I've done this Year-End survey - created by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner, and I really enjoyed it. It was really fun to look back and see what I read this year. Was it ever hard to figure out what books to pick though; I had to cheat for Best Books of the Year and pick one from each genre (after it took me three days to pick which from each genre).
This also might be the most books I've read this year. I think it happened because of my job; I get July and August off (I work in the library of a junior high) and all I basically did was read books and watch movies. This also allowed me to knock a lot out off the tbr, even though I think mine is still way too long. I seriously wonder if I'll ever be able to read everything on it.
Number Of Books You Read: 310
Number of Re-Reads: 6
Genre You Read The Most From: YA contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
I'm cheating on this and choosing one from each genre I read
Children's/ Middle Grade: Firefly Hollow by Alison McGee
YA: P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
Fiction: Girls Who Travel by Nicole Trilivas
Cozy Mystery: All Natural Murder by Staci McLaughlin
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
A Tyranny of Petticoats by Jessica Spotswood
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Cure For the Common Breakup by Beth Kendrick
Surprised me how addicting it was and I wound up binge reading the entire Black Dog Bay series and then ended up buying them all!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Best Series I Started: Black Dog Bay by Beth Kendrick
Best Sequel of 2016: Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
Teddy & Co by Cynthia Voigt
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
"Can you make me a sandwich-" "No there is crackers and cheese on the table."
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Mia Thermopolis and Michael Moscovitz
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Boy is Back by Meg Cabot
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Sadly that's an N/A
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Summer of Sloane and How To Hang a Witch
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Girls Who Travel by Nicole Trilivas
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Firefly Hollow by Alison McGee
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
I actually don't have an answer for this...maybe that's a good thing!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
I'm biased, but this one!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
The Boy is Back by Meg Cabot
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
The October wrap-up, anytime to talk about Halloween is a good time for me!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Joining this blog!! Thanks again Sara for inviting me to join. I've always wanted to book blog, but I never got the confidence to start my own, it was meant to be!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Trying to figure out when to read between life
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I'm not sure about this one
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I haven't written that many so I don't have an answer yet
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The Harry Potter Noble Collection at Barnes and Noble
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I read more than my reading challenge on Goodreads (not including the cookbooks I set as read this year) and joined in on a Spooky Readathon which was really fun
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson and The Matchmakers of Minnow Bay by Kelly Harms
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Blog more and try to re-read a book a month. Ideally I'd like to re-read a book once a week, but knowing me I'll be lucky to re-read one once a month. I'm also going to try my best to re-read the entire Princess Diaries series, then watch both movies.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Haven't read a 2017 book yet, but based on reviews and recommendations, I'd recommend Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Here are my answers for the survey, it only got me thinking about all the books I'll get to read in 2017!