Home       About Me       Review Index

Sunday, November 6, 2016

October Recap






How? Oh how is already November? How?

If  I thought September was pretty low key, October was even more low key. Work was tough and took a lot out of me. I also played major introvert these last few weeks. Not a lot of human interaction outside of work and my house (so still a significant amount). So with all this "me time" you'd think I'd have a lot of reading time. Not really. I read enough. I also watched Gilmore Girls- a lot of Gilmore Girls. I'm pretty stoked for the revival in a few weeks.
 



October on the blog was pretty great. Stefanie joined the Just Another Story team. She's still getting into the swing of things and I have really enjoyed having her around. I participated in the #Spookathon this month. It was a lot of fun. I was pretty impressed with my reading that month- I read two whole books and one audiobook. Two books in one week is kind of epic for me. I probably could have fit one more book in, but like I said, Gilmore Girls.

The Books:

Number of books completed
10 
Physical books
5
Audiobooks
5
Physical Books 
The Layover by Whitney G (4.5 stars) 
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (4.5 Stars) 
Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire (2 Stars) 
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris (3.5 Stars) 
The Nerdy and the Dirty by B.T. Gottfred (3.5 Stars)

Favourite  of the Month: 


I have binging pretty hard on Sarah J. Maas the last few weeks. She is one addicting writer. I read A Court of Thorns and Roses in September and thought I could take a break and read A Court of Mist and Fury later. Yeah, right. I devoured this book. It was crazy. It took the story to a whole new level. I loved it. So much fun. I am dying for the third and final (?) installment. 
 

Audiobooks: 

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (5 Stars)
Wicked Bond by Sawyer Bennett (3.5 Stars) 
Dracula by Bram Stoker (4 Stars) 
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (4 Stars) 
Beautiful by Christina Lauren (2.5 Stars) 

Favourite of Listen of the Month 



Were you expecting something else? I am almost done my epic reread- well relisten. It's been SO great. Believe it or not, I have only read these last two books once- when they were first released. So I really loved reading all the little side stories that I had forgotten, and just the little nuances missing from the movie. Loved it so much. 


October's Posts: 


That was my month, friends.  How about you? Read anything interesting? What were your favourites, least favourites? I love hearing about what you've been reading, so share it all with me.

~Happy Reading Everyone
 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Introverted/anti-social is just the way I roll - I feel you on that front for sure :) And ditto for all my home-time, I spent more time watching than reading in October. I was on a book hangover because of Empire of Storms so I spent a good two weeks barely reading. Le sigh. I love that your favorite reads of October were ACOMAF AND HBP. Perfection ♥

    Happy November!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to get into ACoTaR series from Maas, but I totally get you on the addicting writing. I'm reading Queen of Shadows right now and totally loving it. I didn't get to do a HP reread this year, but here's hoping I can fit it in next year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl