Not sure if I'll make it to ten again this week. I've been trying to avoid starting new series lately. This is mostly because I don't tend to finish them and also because I really can't stand waiting for them to finish, so I don't start a series until all the books are out. So, in order to make this TTT worth it this week worth it, I am going to add a few sequels that are already out as well as third books (they're also sequels- sort of- right?)
TTT is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish
Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait To Get My Hands On
1) Split Second by Kasie West- This is the sequel to Pivot Point and I loved Pivot Point, and I am SO curious as to where West is going to take us from here. Bring on the parallel universes.
2) Shadowplay by Laura Lam- This is the sequel to Lam's debut, Pantomime. I really liked Pantomime is was an interesting novel set in the circus. There were some crazy things that happened at the end of the first novel and I am eager to see what happens next.
3) Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi- I know very well that this book has been out for ages and that I could have read it by now. But I haven't, and I have heard SO many things about chapter 62, that I need it in my hands. It's just finding the time with all the other books I can't wait to read. I think I am also holding out for Ignite me. I really hate waiting for series to end. Waiting for that last book is killer.
4) The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- I am pretty excited about this one. I can't wait to see how everything ends. Particularly because Michelle has known how it was going to end from the very beginning. She had the end before everything else and I want to know what it is. June 2014 seems so very far away!!
5) Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke- This is the sequel to Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (which I think has the best title ever). Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea was one of the weirdest books I had ever read. But I enjoyed it, and I really liked Tucholke's writing and I want more of it- In August.
6) Erased by Jennifer Rush- This may be the sequel I am the most excited about! I absolutely loved Altered (if you haven't read it, get on it). Hot boys, lost memories, adventure, what more can you ask for?
7) Cress by Marissa Meyer- This is the third instalment of the Lunar Chronicles, and I am pretty pumped. Scarlet introduced us to some pretty amazing characters and I am eager to meet up with them again. This series has been a wonderful surprise to me, as I generally stray away from sci fi. But, both Cinder and Scarlet were SO good.
8) Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano- This is the sequel to Lauren's newest trilogy which began with Perfect Ruin. Perfect Ruin ended in such a way that I wanted the next book right then and there. However, Burning Kingdoms doesn't come out for a little while. Sigh.
Well it looks like it's only a top eight tonight guys. I just don't have that many new series on the go.