Home       About Me       Review Index

Friday, November 29, 2013

These Are a Few of my Favourite Things (2)

Where has the month gone? November went by in a flash, and it's been busy. SO, in saying that, I don't have a lot of favourites this month, but I have enjoyed a few things this past month, and I am here to share them with you.

TV:

DOCTOR WHO!!!

OK, so if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you surely know about my obsession with all things Doctor Who. But November brought us The Day of the Doctor (The 50th Anniversary Special). But it goes further than that. The show FINALLY found it's way onto Canadian Netflix, and I thought it would be a good idea to rewatch the series. There were a couple episodes here and there that I chose to skip, and all of season four- I am sorry, I don't like Martha Jones. Anywho... Doctor Who has taken up the majority of my month- I didn't blog or really read, because I was spending time with David Tennant and Matt Smith.

I suspect Doctor Who might make next months favourites as well. With the Christmas special and Matt Smith's exit from the show (oh, my heart feels sad just thinking about it).




Music:

Don't Judge Me...

Miley Cyrus- Bangerz

While, I may not like Miley's personal life decisions and I may think she looks absolutely ridiculous- I actually kind of like her album. She's got a pretty amazing voice and I am kind of a pop junky. So I've been enjoying this album. I have enjoyed the song FU a bit (oh, I can feel all of your judging me!).



Lorde- Pure Heroine

This little girl is seventeen years old. For some reason I find this crazy. This album is really good. I am not sure I like Lorde's cocky attitude. She;s said some things that are not great. But, none the less. This is a good album. Tennis Court is one I have enjoyed.







Beauty:

I got a new job this past month (I am working retail in the mall- just to pass the time). This new job requires that I put a little more effort into my appearance. So I have a few beauty favourites:

Revlon Color Stay Top Coat- I love nail polish and I I have been painting my nails a bit this past month. I had initially tried a top coat by Sally Hansen and it was so bad, that I wanted to cry, because it destroyed my beautiful manicure. I then went back to my old faithful and I probably will never try anything again. I love this stuff. It makes my manicure last all week, with minimal chipping, and it's shiny. It's brilliant.





Teddy (eye kohl) by MAC- I love this pencil. I have been using it for years and it's beautiful. I like to be low maintenance, so I can sweep this across my lash line put on some mascara and I look presentable and able to be at the mall. Teddy is a beautiful brown colour with gold flecks in it. It makes me boring brown eyes look okay.





And because this is a book blog after all:

Book:

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry (My Thoughts), I loved this book. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. You should just read my review. It explains everything.









That's all for my favourite things this month. I hope you all are enjoying this little feature and seeing some of the things that I love (aside from books). I have been having fun sharing. Til next month.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I'm not judging you, I swear! Hey, you like what you like and that's how it is. I've been so out of the loop recently that I admit to being largely unfamiliar with both Miley's and Lorde's album. And their personal lives.

    Oh, so Doctor Who is finally on Canadian Netflix?? I didn't know! That's good... maybe now I can finally get around to watching it, hmm? I'll have to make it happen soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl