I am SO excited about this week's topic. Summer is one of my most favourite times of year. It's when I read the most and when I can spend the most time at the lake or at the beach. Reading in the sun on the dock is absolutely divine to me. It's my happy place. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at the Broke and Bookish
So this week's topic is...
Top Ten Beach Reads
1) The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han- I read this book in the summer and I read it in a day. That is my kind of book. The book takes place at the beach (which makes it perfect), but it also screams romance and fluff and everything good for a day by the water.
3) Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry- I love reading contemporary novels in the summer. I find that this genre is what I crave. Pushing the Limits definitely has some darker themes but overall it's a lovely novel that gets you thinking but also lets you relax and just enjoy it.
4) Stranger by Megan Hart- This books is smutty. Sometimes good smutty book is what you need when sitting on the beach. Something you can read and forget about as soon as your done. Stranger is one of my favourites of the book I've read by Megan and I think it's the lightest in terms of issues. I really liked it and I think it's a perfect beach read.
5) My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- Anyone who has read this book knows that it's fully of happy. This has got to be the most perfect beach read! I absolutely loved it!
6) The Pact by Jodi Picoult- This one I actually read on the beach and it totally consumed my life. Talk about intense. These are the kinds of books that can only be read at the beach. A story that will capture all your attention and not allow you to focus on anything else. The Pact had me bawling my eyes out but I absolutely loved it. It was a great reading experience.
7) Summer Sisters by Judy Blume- Another book I read on the beach and I loved. This story again takes place over a number of summers and consists of scandal and drama and growing up. It's on of my top ten favourites. It is also my first and only Judy Blume read.
9) The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald- This is one classic that I could fly through on the beach. For some reason all the parties and all the extremes Jay Gatsby goes through to get his girl, it feels like a good afternoon on the beach.
10) The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta- Another book I read on the beach and I thought it was a special time for me. I loved the Piper's Son and I loved that I got to sit in the sun with my friends around me and read about a boy who needed his friends around him.
for some reason I think beach reads are contemporary novels filled with romance and fluff. Something that just makes you smile and fly through it. While there is some truth to this, I realized that this is not a hard and fast rule for me. When it comes to books and reading- I don't really have any rules.
Happy Reading Everyone,