Again, the girls at The Broke and Bookish have come up with a pretty fantastic topic for this week's Top Ten Tuesday. I hope everyone is ready for this one.
Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
1) Lolita by Vlad Nabokov- I bought this back in 2011 and I haven't read it yet. I plan to though. One of my 2013 reading resolutions was to read a Russian classic. So this has to get done.
2) The Power of Six by Patticus Lore- I saw this at Costco for a stellar price and I just needed to own it. While I enjoyed I Am Number Four I don't think I will be reading the sequel any time soon.
3) Jane by April Lindner- I got this one for an incredibly good price and thought I would eventually get to it. But then I got it into my head that I need to read Jane Eyre first. Sigh.
4) The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa- I bought this book at the end of my first year of university two years ago. I have read both The Iron King and the Iron Daughter but for some reason the Iron Queen is sitting there unread
5) A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness- Bought this one on a whim after seeing so many great reviews. Haven't read it yet. It's been there for at least a year.
6) A Million Suns by Beth Revis- Whyyyyyyy?!?!?! I don't know. But again, I promise to get this one done
7) Envy by JR Ward- I haven't been completely in love with this series- but I buy the books and let them sit. Not only is Envy the third in the Fallen Angel series and sitting there unread I just ordered the paperback to Rapture the fourth in the series and probably won't read it until next year sometime.
8) Selfish is the Heart and Virtue & Vice by Megan Hart- I am counting these both as one. They are both from the same series and I have owned them for years, but haven't read either of them yet. I think I need to be in a particular mood for historical smut.
10) Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult- I have read a number of novels by Jodi Picoult and I have always enjoyed them they are pretty intense and take over my life, I need to have a couple of uninterrupted days before before I can start reading her books, I haven't found that I have had that yet. Someday.
Well, there are ten eleven books sitting unread on my shelf, but absolutely needed to buy.
~Happy Reading everyone!