I totally dropped the ball last week and forgot to say that Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish.
This weeks topic is...
Top Ten Books I'd Want On A Deserted Island
I have split this into categories. 1- Classics/books I have had every intention of reading, however have been unable to fit them into my busy life, and two- books that would get me through my days of solitude, in other words, books I could not live without.
1) Anna Karenina By Leo Tolstoy- I have an obsession with all things Russian. However, I have never read anything by a Russian author. This one would be long and keep me entertained for a day or two.
2) Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- This is over a thousand pages long. Again this would take up some time. I have heard that this is a really fantastic novel and I have wanted to read it for some time.
3) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte- I have been dying to read this for SO long, I just haven't had the time. I think the deserted island would give me time.
4) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- I have not read a single novel by Austen- this is pretty bad I know. Again, there are so many books to read and not enough time to read them. I would think on a deserted island I would want a full volume of her works (is that cheating?).
5) Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov- Again with my Russian obsession. This one has been on my shelf for some time. I am dying to read it.
Books I couldn't live without:
1)The Hunter's Moon by OR Melling- One of my most loved novels. I loved this book. There is nothing incredible about this novel other than my love for it. I could read it over and over and over again.
2) The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson- I love how much this book makes you think. I could read it over and over again and find these deep and intense philosophical questions and I could contemplate my life for days reading this book.
3) Lover Unleashed by JR Ward- My favourite of The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I loved this book and I could spend the rest of my life rereading it.
4) Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling- I could not live without Harry Potter. At all. I need him in my life. And book four is eons long.
5) Dirty by Megan Hart- One of my favourite novels. How can I not have it with me?