Ok, lets be honest. Who hasn't bought a book with the intention of reading it right away, and months (maybe even years later) discover it on the shelf with the status "to be read" still attached to it? I've been there. Actually, I have SO many books on my shelf that have just been sitting there, begging me to read them. They've been calling out my name- Sara, read me. Its downright freaky.
So when I saw that Evie was hosting this amazing challenge I could not pass it up. It's the greatest idea in the whole world.
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
Evie from Bookish -
Nicole from All I Ever Read - @Nicoleabouttown
Bonnie from Hands and Home -
Donna from Book Passion For Life - @BookPforLife
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading -
Rie from Mission To Read -
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea -@alouetteuette
Christa from Hooked On Books -
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction - @fansoffiction
Angel from Mermaids Vision - http://mermaidvision.
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
I have a lot of books on my shelf that need to be read. I can average about six books a month, factor in my other reading challenges and I think I can manage two a month, with a total of 24 books (I am sure I can/will do more, but at this point, that's what I am sticking to). So, A Sweet Kiss- here I come.
Here is a small taste of what I would like to have read:
-You Against Me by Jenny Downham
-Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
-The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
-Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
-Glimmer Glass by Jenna Black
-The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
-Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult
- Selfish is the Heart by Megan Hart
- Juliet Naked by Nick Hornby
-True Love by Freya North
- Envy by JR Ward
-Arranged by Catherine Mckenzie
So there you have it. A brief introduction into this wicked awesome challenge. It's going to be a lot of fun, and I encourage you all to head over and sign up.
~Happy Reading Everyone!