Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, December 20, 2010

Many Books In A Year.


A friend of mine recently asked me how many books I read on average in a week. At the time I said about two maybe three. But in reality I had no idea I was just making a guess. Two or three a week was a lot especially for me who is taking four classes and working part-time. However the conversation I has with my friend had me thinking about how many books I actually read in a week, a month or even a year.

So for the year of 2011 I am going to keep track of all the books I read. I want to know exactly how many books I have read, I want to know if it's only 50, or 100 or more than that.
So I have started my own personal challenge. To keep track I will be posting at the end of every month with the titles of the books that I completed in that month and their corresponding number.
If you are curious about your own numbers, and want to count along with me, please do. All I ask is that you do the monthly posts, and link them in the comments of my monthly posts.
So it's time to start counting.
I am kind of excited about this. I've always wondered about how much I actually read.
So...
Happy Reading Everyone, and Happy Counting.

2 comments:

  1. In mid 2008 I bought a book journal from Barnes and Nobles (it actually says Books To Read, by I cross out the to) so I know exactly how many books I've read in 2009 and 2010. It's really nice to have a written record, and I also code it so I know what books were re-reads, what books were from book club, and which one's I've reviewed on my site- although this year I signed up for the Read'n'Review challenge so that I'll be compelled to review all the books I read in 2011. This year I also want to add the date I finished the book, because I only did that sporadically in 2010. It is interesting to see how many I've read (but Readathons definitely help the count!). Good luck with it, and I'm sure you'll love keeping track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the idea of a book journal. I used to think they were so corny. Now I can't wait to go out and buy one. Thanks for stopping by, and for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl