So I found this little end of 2010 survey over at The Perpetual Page-Turner and I thought it would be fun to do. So that's what I am doing. So here we go....
1.) Best Book of 2010? Ugh, I don't know I read so many books in 2010. But... For YA I would have to say Dreamland by Sarah Dessen and The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson.
2) Worst Book of 2010? I don't like questions like this at all. But a book that I really did not enjoy this year was Something Wicked by Lesley Cowan.
3) Most Disappointing Book of 2010? Fallen by Lauren Kate. I really wanted to like this book. I think I even tried. But I couldn't and didn't.
4) Most Surprising (in a good way) Book of 2010? Hmm, what made me go wow that was really good- Secrets By Freya North. I didn't expect to like that book so much.
5) Book You Recommended the Most to People in 2010? Ha, The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson-I really liked that book.
6) Best Series you Discovered in 2010? The Summer I Turned Pretty Series By Jenny Han. It's a good series and I can't wait for the third book to come out in April
7) Favourite New Authors You Discovered in 2010? Sarah Dessen, I first read her in the summer and I don't know why I waited so long.
8) The Most Hilarious Read of 2010? For me it was Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt. I thought this book was so funny. I laughed and laughed throughout the whole thing. It's making my giggle thinking about it now.
9) Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Book of 2010? Hmmmm, Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult. With every one of her books I find that I enter a zone of 'don't contact me until I am done this book'. Her books are great but they stress me out because I need to know what's going to happen. So this year Salem Falls did that for me. It wasn't the most wonderful book I have ever read by her, but it was thrilling and I couldn't put it down.
10) Book You Most Anticipated in 2010? Lover Mine by JR Ward. I love the whole Black Dagger Brotherhood series, it's my love. But John Matthew's story in Lover Mine was something I eagerly awaited in 2010.
11) Favourite Cover in a Book You Read in 2010? Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. It's an awesome cover.
12) Most Memorable Character in 2010? Amy from Love You Hate You Miss You By Elizabeth Scott. She went through something horrible and was resistant to any type of help in the beginning, but she finally started to come around. There was something about her that has stayed with me.
13) Most Beautifully Written Book in 2010? The Outcast by Sadie Jones. It's such a wonderful story, and it's really well written.
14) Book That Had The Greatest Impact on You in 2010? Hmmm, Dreamland by Sarah Dessen. It dealt with the pretty serious issue of teen dating abuse, and that had me thinking about how much of this actually happens and how we may not know about it.
15) Book You Can't Believe You Waited UNTIL 2010 to Read? There are none. Haha. But maybe next year.
Happy Reading Everyone!