Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday (on a Thursday): Books On Stefanie's Fall TBR

 Hi everyone,

I thought I'd do a Top Ten  post, but because I post on Thursdays I figured why not change it to Thursday, I mean they both start with T's so that works right!

Why not get into the spirit early by listing the Top Ten books I want to read during the fall, before I go crazy and try to read as many Christmas/ Winter/ Holiday themed books I can get. I should probably note that most of these books will have a creepy feel to them because they are mostly Halloween(ish) themed.

Again, I am here with a Top Ten Tuesday. I was particularly intrigued by this week's topic.  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and Bookish.

Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR, in No Particular Order

The Year of Shadows by Claire Legrand

This book involves ghosts, weird shadows and a creepy setting so perfect for my Halloween reading. There's not just one ghost, but four, and they need Olivia, our main character's help to save them before they are stuck as ghosts forever.

I love the concept of this one and it's a more middle-grade read, so I know this one won't keep me up at night scared...as too many people have told me to see the new It movie, but I think I'll happily decline that offer.




Death by Pumpkin Spice Latte by Alex Erikson



Cozy mysteries that are Halloween themed are my favourite! This one takes place inside a bookstore, because you can't get more perfect than that. I haven't read the first couple books of this series, and this one is book three, but I can't wait to read it.

Bookstore café owner Krissy Hancock would rather spend Halloween serving pumpkin goodies than wearing costumes with Pine Hills’ wealthiest at Yarborough mansion, especially when the soiree shapes up to be more trick than treat . . 




Mistress of All Evil: A Tale of the Dark Fairy by Serena Valentino  

Disney = the perfect Halloween

The couple books in this series have either been hit or misses, I loved the first one about the Wicked Queen, the Beasts' story was changed way too much and I think I was indifferent about Ursula's. Hopefully this one will be just as great as the Wicked Queen's!  








Midnight at Madame Leota's by Amicus Arcane 

The first book in this series was great; spooktastic (that's a word now) stories fit for a younger audience, or me.  

The Haunted Mansion's resident librarian, Amicus Arcane, has returned with another set of spooky stories to share. Follow along with him as he tells new terrifying tales while leading the Mansion's newest visitor to a secret séance with the mysterious Madame Leota. 



Ghost and Mrs. Mewer by Krista Davis

Another cozy Halloween themed read. I've read a couple other books from this series, not in order, but I reserved this copy from the library specifically around this time so I could read it in October. 

Wagtail, Virginia, the top pet-friendly getaway in the United States, is gearing up for a howling good Halloween—until a spooky murder shakes the town to its core . . .






Masking for Trouble by Diane Vallere

I read the first book in the series and thought it was an alright read; however I'm super pumped to read this one. That cover is just so adorable. Even though this one was released last year, I figured it's never too late to read it. 

Halloween brings more tricks than treats for costume shop owner Margo Tamblyn in the second in a new cozy series.







The Black Cat Sees His Shadow by Kay Finch

Just look at that cover! Black cats and a cozy mystery, perfecto! 

Mystery novelist Sabrina Tate and her cat, Hitchcock, set out to catch a conniving killer in the next Bad Luck Cat mystery from the author of The Black Cat Knocks on Wood and Black Cat Crossing...








Haunting the Deep by Adriana Mather


Have you guys the first book to this series? I actually thought it was a standalone, until I heard of this sequel, yes please!!! 

I've been fascinated by the legend of the Titanic for a very long time (even if that included my friends at the time laughing at me for crying during the epic flood scene in the Titanic movies. Side note: we're not friends anymore, but not for that. Just grew apart after high school) and this book sounds it's going to be just as great as the first one.


The Titanic meets the delicious horror of Ransom Riggs and the sass of Mean Girls in this follow-up to the #1 New York Times bestseller How to Hang a Witch, in which a contemporary teen finds herself a passenger on the famous “ship of dreams”—a story made all the more fascinating because the author’s own relatives survived the doomed voyage.

Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore

I received an ARC of this and I'm excited to read this one. I haven't read any of the authors previous books, but this cover and the synopsis had me hooked and very intrigued.

For nearly a century, the Nomeolvides women have tended the grounds of La Pradera, the lush estate gardens that enchant guests from around the world. They’ve also hidden a tragic legacy: if they fall in love too deeply, their lovers vanish. But then, after generations of vanishings, a strange boy appears in the gardens.




One Hundred Candles by Mara Purnhagen 

My one re-read of this (still on a mission to see how many re-reads I can get this year, even though I'm nowhere near 52)

This is a great spooky feeling book series (I re-read book one last year and still loved it). All about a family of paranormal investigators! 

It's taken a long time for me to feel like a normal teenager. But now that I'm settled in a new school, where people know me as more than Charlotte Silver of the infamous Silver family paranormal investigators, it feels like everything is falling into place. And what better way to be normal than to go on a date with a popular football star like Harris Abbott? After all, it's not as if Noah is anything more than a friend….




And there's my Top Ten Fall reads on my TBR. I'm curious to see what everyone has planned for their fall/ Halloween reads! 

Until my next review,

Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl