I am really excited about this week's TTT. I hope you are to. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish.
Top Ten Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List
(basically an auto-buy list is no questions asked..you love this author so much that no matter what they wrote next you'd buy regardless of genre or subject matter)
1) Melina Marchetta (Author of Jellicoe Road and The Piper's Son)- I will buy everything this woman puts out there. She is a genius. I have not read a book by her that I did not like. If you have read anything by her you know the reason for my obsession.
2) Megan Hart (Author of Dirty and Precious and Fragile Things)- I have been hooked on Hart since Dirty and I have bought any and everything by her since then. I don't even need to look to see what the book's about or how it was received by other readers. I am a loyal fan.
3) John Green (Author of Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars)- I knowwwwwww. But after TFiOS, how could I not? John Green could write about unicorn killing astronauts and I would buy it, read it, and find it the most influential book the decade.
4) Lauren DeStefano (Author of The Chemical Garden Trilogy)- After read The Chemical Garden trilogy I have fallen deeply inlove with Lauren's writing. It makes me SO happy. It is rather beautiful. So, I will buy her books so that I can read them and support her, so she can feed her cats.
5) JR Ward (Author of The Black Dagger Brotherhood series and The Fallen Angels series)- I know that I can sometimes sound like a broken record, but... I will
probably read anything JR Ward decides to publish. Why? Because I am obsessed. I have never been so invested in a story/characters like I have been with the vampires of her series. It's ridiculous, I know. Shoot me.
6) Alma Katsu (Author of The Taker and The Reckoning)- I have read and loved both of Alma's books. I find them incredibly well written and the stories are fascinating. I am very excited to see what she has in store for us next. I am certain it will be great.
7) Anne Stuart (Author of Fire and Ice and Shameless)- I have been reading Anne's books for years. I want to say since I was 12 years old (that is inappropriately young). I have been addicted ever since. I buy her books without shame, and without fail (although now I do it from the comfort of my own home).
8) Rachel Gibson (Author of Not Another Bad Date and Nothing but Trouble)- I love contemporary romance, however I find that some people just know how to do it well. Rachel Gibson is one of them. I love her stories and they never let me down.
9) Cynthia Hand (Author of the Unearthly series)- Although I haven't finished the series yet. I know that I am a HUGE fan of this woman and I will always buy her books. How can I not? However this may change once I have read Boundless.
10) Huntley Fitzpatrick (Author of My Life Next Door)- I absolutely loved Huntley's debut My Life Next Door. I loved it so much that it put her on my auto-buy hands down list. If you have not read that book, I don't know what you are waiting for.