Home       About Me       Review Index

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- Most Annoying Characters



It has been a couple of weeks (ok- maybe even before the new year) that I have given you a list. I apologize. But I am back, and I hope you like this week's topic.

**Posting this super late and I could only come up with five- oh well**


Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever


1) Alaska in Looking for Alaska by John Green- This may come as a shock for you all, seeing as I love John Green to the point of almost worshiping him. But When I first read this book I really really did not like Alaska's character. She drove me absolutely insane, and I hated how she was able to get everyone to do what she wanted. I have yet to reread the book, and I plan to- I would like to see if my opinions have changed. 




2) Gabriel in Fever by Lauren DeStefano- Although I wasn't a huge fan of Gabriel throughout the whole series, her really irritated me in Fever. I thought he was a little bit of a pansy in this book in particular. I felt like he really didn't step up to the plate when he could have. Oh well. 



3) Lila in Red Glove by Holly Black- I think that I didn't like about Lila was how much Cassel loved her. That really annoyed me. There was absolutely no reason for him to adore her as much as he did. I think what frustrated me about her was the same thing that irritated me about Alaska. I can't really put my finger on it. 





4) Jace in City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare- Normally I really like Jace. I find his sarcasm hysterical and I think he's pretty witty and well written. In City of Fallen Angels he was SO moody and woe is me. This drove me insane and I was so frustrated with him. I couldn't really get into the book because of this. 


5) Eva in Reflected in You by Sylvia Day- Reflected in You is the second book in the Crossfire series, and whoa, did I ever despise Gideon Cross. But more than my hatred for Gideon Cross was how frustrating and annoying Eva was. She was such a push over. I wanted so badly for her to grow some and walk away from the bastard guy. In the beginning I felt sorry for, but by the end I just wanted to smack her. 






I guess I don't really get annoyed with characters that often. Go me!

Happy Reading Everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. I think Alaska is supposed to be annoying. They spend a lot of time telling you how not perfect she is/was. Here's Ours

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good list! Sadly, I've not read any of these books lol.
    I did try Alaska once though and yeah, she was pretty annoying.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl