Home       About Me       Review Index

Friday, November 5, 2010

Haulin'

I went on a little adventure last night to the book store. I was going simply to buy Nora Roberts' new one. It was supposed to be an in and out type of deal. Bah, yeah right. I so love going to the bookstore and am going to tell you what I bough.

Hush Hush By Becca Fitzpatrick
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She''s never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora''s not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can''t decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

I am so so so excited to read this book. I have read so many amazing reviews on this book already. So excited.

Fallen By Lauren Kate
There''s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price''s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He''s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can''t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
I haven't read to much about his book, but reading the back cover has made me very very curious. I'm looking forward to this one as well.

The Fallen By Thomas E. Sniegoski

THE ULTIMATE QUEST FOR REDEMPTION

On his eighteenth birthday, Aaron begins to hear strange voices and is convinced he is going insane. But having moved from foster home to foster home, Aaron doesn't know whom he can trust. He wants to confide in the cute girl from class, but fears she''ll confirm he's crazy.
Then a mysterious man begins following Aaron. He knows about Aaron''s troubled past and his new powers. And he has a message for Aaron: As the son of a mortal and an angel, Aaron has been chosen to redeem the Fallen.
Aaron tries to dismiss the news and resists his supernatural abilities. But he must accept his newfound heritage -- and quickly. For the dark powers are gaining strength, and are hell-bent on destroying him....

This one I was really excited for, but when I got home and started to read the reviews that were found on the website I got a little less excited. So I don't know what to do. I think I may return it and if I still want to read it, I may go to the library.
So there you have it. The three extra books I left the store with, (along with my original Happy Ever After by good ole' Nora). I'd say it was a pretty successful trip.
Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl